Barrel trimmer group buy PLEASE READ UPDATE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

PLEASE READ!!!!!!
Everyone. I have recieved two e-mails so far concerning cutter heads that the set screw hole does not run completely through the head. one attempt has been made to drill and tap the hole and resulted in a broken tap. please check you rheads and e-mail me if you have any defective ones and how many. I will do my best have them replaced.

Package arrived thursday afternoon. I went in for oral surgery friday morning. (Had ten teeth pulled at one time) am snapping back really fast so will start sorting and packing today. I hope to mail all packages on monday. (gonna get hit withthe posage increase but think I will still be O.K I just need to adjust how I mail them. Most of you look for a padded envelope rather than a priority box. large orders will still be mailed priority regardless.

I got an e-mail from Rizheng that says our package will go in the mail on may 4th.

There is a problem. Rizheng cannot fill the order for cutter heads until the end of the month at least. I told them not to ship it unless it was complete. so there will be a two week delay in this order being shipped, at this time. will post here if there are any further developments.

Order Placed 8:15 P.M. 4-15-08

Update 4-14-08
Well I guess I will just have to call this one off and suffer the barrage. it is looking like the orders are nto going to stop so I am calling this one to an end tomorrow night at 7:00 P.M. pacific time.
Sorry to anyone that gets cut short but the shear size of the buy is starting to demand that it closes.
thanks everyone, I had a lot of people suggest that the demand for pen mills was getting pretty high. I had no idea how right they where. I started this hoping I could get 20 orders and barely sqeek one thorugh. as of right now there are 88 orders not counting the stuff I am getting for a total weight of about 55 lbs. most of that weight is cutter heads with 341 being ordered so far. the rest is mainly mill sets with 70 of them in the book.

Update 4-14-08
First, orders are still coming in so I am not closing this yet.
other news
in a shocking turn around, Rizheng has shown they can and even will do what is right. The reversed there decision that had me ready to dump them as a supplier. Basically they where starting to make a decision that I know would not be Okay with the members of this group.
You are all honest and ethical, You expect the same from our suppliers, and Rizheng was very close to breaking that trust. In short they started to stiff me for a mistake they made. After doing some checking they changed there mind and are going to do the right thing.
My biggest problem was deciding to do business with a company that I know each of you as individuals would chose not to do business with. with well over 70 people in this bulk buy it was really hard to think about canceling it. In short this bulk buy is larger by double than any buy I have done before. I was sort of between a rock and a hard place there for a bit but it looks like it will all turn out well.

Important development. I hate sounding like the used car salesman that says buy it now. But there is a situation that has risen that may cause this to be the last bulk buy I will conduct from this company. I am in the midst of resolving it so will not go into detail at this time. I just wanted to give everyone fair warning. There is likely not going to be a next time.

Update 4-13-08
Today will be the last day this buy will be open for orders.
I plan to actually place the order tomorrow evening. that will be the cut off for making changes or cancelations.

Update 4-11-08
Please check the list below and make sure that I have you credited for your payment if it has been sent.
There where a couple of people that needed to mail me payment. In the shuffle I have lost track of who so please let me know if you are one of them so I can make note of it on my master sheet. That way I won't be hassling you for payment in a day or two.
I will keep this buy open for at least the weekend. It is now saturday morning for the people in China, so the soonest I can place the order is sunday morning my time. Unless orders pick up again I will close this Sunday and place the order. Please have your payments in asap. with only 9 unpaid orders I will place this as is regardless.
There have been a couple of hickups reagarding payments. Do not worry your order will still go through and the glitches will get resolved so do not think you have to rush to get it fixed.
what a great turn out in new names. I am really happy to see that.

Update 4-9-08
There is plenty of interest in this group buy so It will be going through.
I will keep this buy open until requests slow down and no longer justify waiting.

Payments will be made by pay pal to
daniel@yourdonspens.com
If you want to do your own math from the prices and charges below. GO ahead and send payment.
Make sure I have your address. and can match your payment with your IAP username.
otherwise I will e-mail you with the total for your order.

I have received a few e-mails asking if I have any mills left over from the last group buys. I have also gotten one e-mail outright asking that I do another group buy for them. So I am testing the waters to see if there is enough demand to conduct another one.
For now please just post the items and quantities you would like to get. it needs to reach 100 heads or so to make these prices work.

Pen Mill set $12.32
20084901038_20071114211858660.jpg

Set includes: 7.mm,8mm,3/8. and 10mm pilots, cutter head and wrench.

Pen Mill 3/4"cutter head w/ wrench $3.59
20084901134_20071126234350724.jpg

Pilot For 7mm tube $1.65
Pilot For 8mm tube $2.11
Pilot For 3/8" tube $2.87
Pilot For 10mm tube $3.10
20084901243_20071126234542257.jpg

Pilots are just the shaft with no cutter head or wrench.

7mm pen mill $5.07
8mm pen mill $5.63
3/8" pen mill $6.39
10mm pen mill $6.58
20084901325_20071126235830414.jpg

All mills include a Pilot, cutter head, and wrench

Add $5.05 for postage and pay pal transaction.
Canada and mexico add $4.40 in addition to the $5.05 above.
any other country add $6.40 in addition to the $5.05 above.

List of Orders: as of 4-13-08 early a.m.
bettyt44720 PAID
warreng8170 PAID
ericw95 PAID
Reb PAID
THarvey PAID
1JaredSchmidt PAID
Glass Scratcher PAID
rincewind03060 PAID
ed4copies PAID
Rojo22 PAID
rherrell PAID
MLKWoodWorking PAID
alamocdc PAID
GoodTurns PAID
Dan_F PAID
pentex PAID
heineda PAID
woody0207 PAID
pipeyeti PAID
jthompson1995 PAID
jamiller99 PAID
markgum PAID
oldcaptainrusty PAID
splinter99 PAID
opfoto PAID
Gruntster PAID
ken69912001 PAID
Tea Clipper PAID
hunter-27 PAID
loglugger PAID
1nfinity PAID
igran7 PAID
follow3 PAID
rjwolfe3 Arrangments made
n7blw PAID
JimH PAID
eastern47 PAID
PrivatePens PAID
Chasper PAID
Draken PAID
negid PAID
MoreCowBell PAID
pssherman PAID
Geo in Winnipeg PAID
Harolda33 PAID
zhogrider PAID
wicook PAID
greenmtnguy PAID
RHossack PAID
Jim15 PAID
Monty PAID
Pen Man PAID
mdburn_em PAID
roddesigner PAID
Brewmeister35 PAID
flcad2000 PAID
denaucoin PAID
almer PAID
Orgtech PAID
RWL5420 PAID
PaulDoug PAID
LumberYard PAID
Timbo PAID
Rusty PAID
ira48 PAID
jdoug5170 PAID
kenwc PAID
cowchaser PAID
DonWood PAID
BruceK PAID
jimbo5576 PAID
WriteRev PAID
fbiv1 PAID
thebigE PAID
thewishman PAID
Texatdurango PAID
jcolazzo PAID
karlkuehn PAID
ScribbleSticks PAID
UpNorth PAID
rduncan PAID
foneman PAID
DSallee PAID
walking_tall PAID
kevin_f PAID
tmhawk PAID
kent4Him PAID
gketell PAID
edman2 PAID

If you are not listed as paid but have sent payment please e-mail me.

Comparing the cost of 2 sets at $24.64 VS 1 each of the 4 complete mills at $23.67, it looks like a difference of $1.04 to get the 4 complete mills.

I think I would like 1 each of the 4 complete mills.
7mm pen mill $5.07
8mm pen mill $5.63
3/8" pen mill $6.39
10mm pen mill $6.58

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Daniel,

I could take 15-20 cutterheads, if you decide to do this.

I bought the full units before, this way it's cheaper to replace them than get them sharpened.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Daniel

Do these have the four blades on them? If they do, I would like to get 20 of them. If they are the two blade variety, I am not interested.

Thanks

Robert

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<center>FRIENDLY SUGGESTION:</center>

I bought a few sets last time. Buy one or two of each of the sizes you use --- 7mm, 8mm, 10mm whatever.

Then, buy extra cutterheads. At $3.50ish each, you can't go wrong.

ONE of my cutterheads has stripped threads on the set screw - I can live with one out of 10 and even rethread and replace if necessary.

These are a GREAT deal. The full set includes ONE cutterhead. You will have to move it from one pilot to the next OR buy extra heads and put them on each of the pilots.

IN SHORT: BUY A BUNCH OF THE HEADS, YOU WILL LIKE THEM!! They are very affordable, this way!!:D:D:D:D

Draken

Originally posted by rincewind03060

I just ordered some of Craft Supply USA's a la carte pen mills

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...__Barrel_Trimmer_Head___mod_barrel_trim?Args=

are the pilots and cutters compatible with that line? I'd be interested in filling out my collection of pilots and getting a 3/4" cutter if they are compatible. I may be interested in getting a few of the mills even if they aren't.

If they are from the Apprentice line, they should work. If from the regular line, no, they won't work. The 7mm pilot on the apprentice line is the same diameter down the entire length. The 7mm pilot from the regular line has a smaller diameter where the cutter head attaches, and therefore not compatible. AZ does sell compatible pilots with the CSUSA regular line of pen mills.

Daniel

WOW! OK I wasn't expecting this. Short story is this buy easily has enough interest so it will go. I need to verify that prices from Rizheng have not changed, otherwise I have everyone that has posted entered in my trusty rusty spreadsheet. I need to make sure my calculator has not been over taxed already but keep the orders coming in. I will get back to everyone int he next few days with final confirmed costs and payment info. I am not consider anyone committed at this point and changes are easy to make.
I will also add some photos that I did not have available earlier.

Glass Scratcher. your price comparison weighs two complete sets against one. order 1 set for a total cost of $17.85 compaired to the way you are doing it for a total of $29.44.

Rincewind03060, I will not make any claims as to compatability. I know these do not work with some other versions but do not know which ones. as mentioned in the post above the hole in the cutter head is 1/4 inch.

Rogo22, these are the 4 blade cutters so I put you on the list.

as far as quality per ed's post. I have heard of one other problem out of hundreds of heads sets or pilots I have orderd. so far quality has exceeded expectations.

Sorry I kept you all waiting so long, I had no idea there was this much interest lerking out there.

Originally posted by Daniel

WOW! OK I wasn't expecting this. Short story is this buy easily has enough interest so it will go.

Snipity

Glass Scratcher. your price comparison weighs two complete sets against one. order 1 set for a total cost of $17.85 compaired to the way you are doing it for a total of $29.44.

Snapity

Actually I was making a comparison between Ericw95's choice for 2 penmill sets, which would give 2 cutter heads and 2 of each of the 4 pilots at a cost of $24.64 + $5.05 = 29.69

Or my choice of 1 of each of the 4 complete penmills which would be 4 cutter heads on 4 pilot shafts, (no having to change heads or pilots), at a total of $23.67 + $5.05 = 28.72

Or of course a new thought is 1 penmill set and 3 additional cutter heads which looks like $12.32 + 3*$3.59 = 23.09 + $5.05 = $28.14

Oh my brain hurts!

loglugger

I think I would like 1 each of the 4 complete mills.

quote:

7mm pen mill $5.07
8mm pen mill $5.63
3/8" pen mill $6.39
10mm pen mill $6.58
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom