August Tap and Die Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

whteglve

! ! ! UPDATED ! ! !

READ THIS ENTIRE POST.

YOU MUST BOTH PM AND POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

I'D ALSO LIKE TO ASK THAT YOU ONLY POST IF YOU ARE GOING TO PARTICIPATE. I'm not trying to be a jerk by this it's just to keep the thread cleaner and easier for everyone to follow. If you do have a question I'll be more than happy to reply to a PM and if need be update the original post.

Welcome to the August Tap and Die Group Buy. Please read this post in its entirety to eliminate any confusion in the future.

My goal is to have everything done and ordered by Friday August 21. To help you save money I will ship your order to you via USPS Flat Rate shipping. I will use the smallest box as possible, but I may have to adjust up or down as necessary. This buy is open to USA, Canada and international addresses.

$50 of insurance is now included with Priority Mail to US addresses. YOU are responsible for any additional insurance you want. For reference, US destination: $100 of insurance costs $2.60, 200=$3.30, 300=$5.50, 400=$6.75.

I recommend you get insurance. Remember that I'm only responsible for shipping your package. I'm not responsible for your package once I ship it. Please remember that accidents happen.

If you have questions, please let me know!

The Specifics

This group purchase is for M12x.8 and M14x.8 taps and dies. From what I've seen so far we have enough people to reach a nice break on the M14x.8x2 taps and dies. I've asked for a quote for the taps and dies both with and without TiN treatment. The TiN treatment should extend the life of them. Which I think would save us all some money in the long run. We'll need to order at least 9 pieces of each per size and tool in order get a good deal. Of course, the more the merrier and the cheaper.

The only minimum is for the group as a whole. The group buy will be open from the time of posting until Midnight EST On Friday, August 14, 2015. Payment via PayPal will be required by Midnight Thursday, August 20, 2015. This is because I want to place the order on Friday 21st, 2015.

Here are the expected price ranges. Once the participation deadline has passed, I will send each person a final total as well as posting it in this thread. This total will include the actual cost of their order, any insurance, shipping, and their share of the tooling charge. The tooling charge will be $65 for each size.

Taps can be starter, intermediate, or bottoming styles. We are allowed to mix and match them.

BY DEFAULT THIS GROUP BUY WILL BE INTERMEDIATE OR PLUG STYLE TAPS. UNLESS YOU PM ME AND TELL ME OTHERWISE.

M12x.8x2 TAP
--9pc - $50-$60 ea. ($60-$70 ea. with TiN) --12pc - $40-$50 ea. ($50-$60 ea. with TiN)
M12x.8x2 DIE
--6pc - $55-$65 ea. ($65-$75 ea. with TiN) --12pc - $50-$60 ea. ($60-$70 ea. with TiN)

M14x.8x2 TAP
--9pc - $60-$70 ea. ($65-$75 ea. with TiN) --12pc - $45-$55 ea. ($65-$75 ea. with TiN)
M14x.8x2 DIE
--6pc – $70-$80 ea. ($80-$90 ea. with TiN) --12pc - $60-$70 ea. ($70-$80 ea. with TiN)

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE PARTICIPATION DEADLINE YOU WILL NOT BE COUNTED AS PART OF THIS GROUP BUY. ONCE THE MINIMUM QUANITIY(S) HAVE BEEN REACHED (AND PAID FOR), THE ORDER WILL BE PLACED FRIDAY 21ST..

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE:
• 1. PM me to get in.
• 2. Must have a USA, Canada, or International shipping address.
• 3. Also reply to this thread.

Please indicate your NAME and IAP USERNAME on all payments and correspondence. I will PM you to confirm receipt of your participation and another once I have payment.

In your PM please include the following information.
Your IAP screen name
Your "real" name
Your email address - PayPal and regular correspondence, if they are different
Your mailing address
Your phone number
Whether or not you want insurance (Yes/No)

DEADLINES:
• PM for pledging participation Friday August 14 (Midnight – EST)
• PayPal (only payment option) by Thursday August 20 (Midnight – EST)

PAYPAL ONLY:
I will be placing the order by Friday August 21. When you sending me your payment please send it as "Friends and Family". That way we can avoid the fees. If you have not made the PayPal payment by the deadline scheduled above you will be removed you from the buy. I will confirm your total via PM as well as my PayPal information once both the minimums and the deadlines are met.

SHIPPING:
Will be defaulted to published USPS Small flat rate box of $5.95. It will include tracking and delivery confirmation

Canadians, please PM me for shipping quotes.

SHIPPING INSURANCE:
I do not require that you pay for insurance but I highly recommend it. I cannot and will not be responsible for what happens to your order after it leaves my control. You will receive confirmation of shipping, but once it has left my hands, I am not responsible for it. If you desire insurance, then please tell me in the your PM. I will PM to verify and cost adjustments that are made. I recommend insuring your order!

I hope these terms are acceptable to everyone, and please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Last edited:

Ironwood

Hey Brad, haven't you learnt that we are often just honoury members here? :rolleyes:
The 'International' part of our group's name is often just for show.:frown:
Personally, I think all activities should be only permitted if open to all.

Oh well.....:wink:
Agreement from here Skip !
I was a bit taken aback when I read the first post, seems we are penalised for living outside the purple circle :rolleyes:.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If those of you outside the US or Canada will pm me your order I will place it with the rest and mail the set(s) to you outside the Continental US. It will add between $7 and $9.00 to the base costs of the sets.
If you order more than one set it may run upwards of $12.00. Either way I will charge exact shipping and insurance if you want it.
Final costs may drop as the total amount of taps and dies exceed 12 units. Typically the taps will be lower in higher quantities but the dies will remain the same.

its_only_me

If those of you outside the US or Canada will pm me your order I will place it with the rest and mail the set(s) to you outside the Continental US. It will add between $7 and $9.00 to the base costs of the sets.
If you order more than one set it may run upwards of $12.00. Either way I will charge exact shipping and insurance if you want it.
Final costs may drop as the total amount of taps and dies exceed 12 units. Typically the taps will be lower in higher quantities but the dies will remain the same.

That's really decent and above and beyond:good:

its_virgil

Personally I don't understand why our non USA members weren't included. They understand they pay for shipping. Only takes a little more time to complete the customs form but using Paypal shipping tool it isn't bad. Nice jester Mike. I know they will appreciate your kindness.
Maybe we need to make a change in our Group Buy rules to include ALL members.
Don

whteglve

Personally I don't understand why our non USA members weren't included. They understand they pay for shipping. Only takes a little more time to complete the customs form but using Paypal shipping tool it isn't bad. Nice jester Mike. I know they will appreciate your kindness.
Maybe we need to make a change in our Group Buy rules to include ALL members.
Don

I've changed the original post to included international orders as well. It was an oversight on my part.

edstreet

I would like to order the 14mm tap and die set. Has the type of tap been decided on yet ? ( start, intermediate, or bottom)

Tap style can be unique for each person. That's de facto industry wide.

I still encourage everyone to get 2 taps and titanium treat everything, especially the dies.

Taps can be shipped back to get resharoened and reprofiled but dies you are stuck with.

whteglve

I would like to order the 14mm tap and die set. Has the type of tap been decided on yet ? ( start, intermediate, or bottom)

Tap style can be unique for each person. That's de facto industry wide.

I still encourage everyone to get 2 taps and titanium treat everything, especially the dies.

Taps can be shipped back to get resharoened and reprofiled but dies you are stuck with.

The quote is for plug taps. As for being unique for each person I'll check with the vendor to know for sure.

Ironwood

The quote is for plug taps. As for being unique for each person I'll check with the vendor to know for sure.

OK thanks, I am fine to take a plug tap if that is what it is, but if we do have the option, I would opt for an intermediate tap. Though either way I will be happy.

edstreet

Plug bottom taper 1st 2nd 3rd etc. This question has been beat to death a hundred times. You can either look it up in the search or better yet use google and really learn about thread technology.

Quality Pen

I know a lot of times posts on IAP get busy and buried... perhaps someone might want to alert the fountain pen forum to this group buy? I'm sure a few forgot about it or simply didn't know!

I bring this up because this recently happened to me regarding other happenings here! So much to see and do on the IAP!!!

whteglve

I know a lot of times posts on IAP get busy and buried... perhaps someone might want to alert the fountain pen forum to this group buy? I'm sure a few forgot about it or simply didn't know!

I bring this up because this recently happened to me regarding other happenings here! So much to see and do on the IAP!!!

I'm not sure I can do that. I've sent a PM to Monty to get his yay or nay.

whteglve

For those that were wondering about the type of taps. I was informed that we can mix and match types. Please see the OP for details.

whteglve

Right now we are at 12 sets of M14's and 6 sets of M12's. I hope we can get at least the same amount of each. That would drop the price of the M12's $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom