Anyone want some nickel-plated .308 casings?CLOSED

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Royce Meritt

I think I sent off an email to everyone who wanted in on the nickel-plated .308 casings. Fire back an email to me with your mailing address and I will get them ready to go as soon as I receive the casings. Thanks everyone.

Royce

Mikey

Quick dumb question here. What pen kits will work with the 308 casings? Are they regular slimlines, or do I need the Euros? (probably getting in on the CSUSA other pen buy and ned the info)

Royce Meritt

I use Slimlines. There probably are others that work as well but the slimlines work for me. I drill out the primer end of the casing, build up a couple of thin strips of masking tape on the brass tube to fit the primer end and neck end of the casing (to keep the brass tube centered in the casing) and glue tube in casing with poly glue. I like the expansion quality of the poly glue to fill up the casing. Others have different techniques but this seems to work for me.

Royce

Royce Meritt

Just to keep you updated...

Got the casings yesterday. I am in the process of re-packaging them into lots of 20. The first few sets will go out in the mail today. Keep those checks rolling in! I'll have your casings out to you in the next couple of days.

Royce

Skye

Shoot me an email again with the mailing addy. I'm killing my bank account and staring another. Paypal, online banking, visa card and all that are not set up yet.

Royce Meritt

Sent out a few more batches of the casings on Friday. Sorry, didn't get any in the mail on Saturday. I'll get a few more in the mail this afternoon. If you don't get yours in the next day or two be patient. I'll get them all out very soon. Just keeping you all in the loop.

Royce

lwalden

Royce- Got mine today- thanks much for putting this together.
Originally posted by Royce Meritt
<br />Sent out a few more batches of the casings on Friday. Sorry, didn't get any in the mail on Saturday. I'll get a few more in the mail this afternoon. If you don't get yours in the next day or two be patient. I'll get them all out very soon. Just keeping you all in the loop.

Royce

Texas Taco

Just heard that mine arrived this afternoon, can't wait to get home in the morning to check'em out. Royce, thanks for making this happen.

Mikey

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this buy. I got mine in the mail several days ago and just had a chance to cut away the bubble wrap and check these things out. VERY NICE! Can't wait until I figure out how to make one of these pens.[:D]

Also, i noticed that the postage was a bit more than i would have expected. If the postage fell short from what I sent, I would be happy to forward a few more $$. In all, the price for $20 of these is a lot less than I would be paying for wood or acrylic.

Royce Meritt

Thanks everyone for participating. Mikey is correct. Shipping was a tiny bit more than I calculated. On paper I did lose a few cents on each lot of 20 I sent but all in all I did not REALLY lose any money. Because I bought such a large quantity the 2 lots of 20 I kept for myself were much less expensive than I could have bought them outright so in the end I really didn't lose any money. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom