Acrylic pen stand Group Buy CLOSED, Shipped

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Group buy is now closed. Sorry

As for an estimated time it will take to get stands to you. Frankly I don't know. I can say it will take on average a week once I have them. How long it will take for them to get to me is anyones guess. I have never delt with this company so the speed of there shipping is not yet known. expect between two weeks and a month for now.

the link to the payment page has been taken down as well as the page itself.
All payments are in.
final stats as I know them.
Participants: 30
stands ordered: 725 (so much for my hope for 100)
total cost of Order with shipping: $434.51
amount left for postage: 106.46 (wish me luck)
Pay Pal got the rest.
Average cost of stand: $0.7973793 (80 Cents) Missed by 5 cents.

i hope to conduct anouther one of these. Pendign how this one ends up. that will have far more info behind it. like how many stands can fit in a flat rate box. estimated shipping time etc. the price per stand will definitly go up cause this one is really on the wire and mistakes will eventually happen. thanks to all of you that are willing to take part in the first. they are always rougher than the rest will be. you have all been great. the time it took for payments to come in still has be spinning. and you all are being very patient, and quiet. the last couple fo days that has been appreciated. fell free to contact me for updated info if you are wondering how it is going. Otherwise I am pretty good about posted new info here. I will update when i get the stands. until then no news is good news.

clewless

Daniel,

I think you'll need to increase the price because reshipping will be a problem due to their shape. I think you'll need to use a flat rate box to protect them, so shipping would be $4.05.

That being said, I'm interested in 20-25 and would be willing to serve as a "way-station" for Bubbasville East members who could pick them up at my place.

I have found that selling pens to shops is easier when you are able to provide them with a box or stand for display (a markup on the price you paid for them is in order of course[:)]) You also might consider giving a stand to a customer who buys an expensive pen.

I have also sent a note to Nile about the 6 pen stand that is pictured without a way to order it. If it's reasonably priced, would you add that to the buy?

Daniel

well that at least 60 with some extra in there so it's a go i'm only looking for 100 or so so min. I want to order some myself. I will keep track of the requests here. I'll be back soon to figure out payment etc.

Daniel

Joe,
that is all fine and dandy with me. and yes I think the best way to figure shipping at this point is to count on the $4.05 priority mail. for anyone that is a member of Bubbasville East please let me know and I can mail the whole batch to Joe and save you most of the shipping costs. i would think a bunch of these will mail for priority flat rate. I can still do the box inside the envelope thing. If not I have the larger flat rate boxes as well. lets see those members of Bubbasville East fill one of those... go on I dare all of ya!

jeffj13

Originally posted by clewless
<br />I have also sent a note to Nile about the 6 pen stand that is pictured without a way to order it. If it's reasonably priced, would you add that to the buy?

I just called Nile about the 6 pen display, since I wanted one of those as well. I was told that it was a discontinued item and no longer available.

jeff

Daniel

Sorry about the six pen display but it doesn't look like it will be added. I do have anouther older source for stands though so they are not necessarily ruled out. let me look around for that source and what they offer, if they are still in business etc. and see if I can expand this bulk buy a little bit. anyone up for a carousel that holds 144 pens???
OOPS sorry it''s a teired stand that will hold 144 pens.

Daniel

Janet, You can e-mail me the number you want. I can keep numbers private for anyone that wants them to be, just let me know and I will do your confirmations via e-mail etc. some people value there privacy and that's all good with me.

Daniel

Well I foudn that other source and now remember why I never bought there stands. they want $3.69 just for the single pen acrylic stand. they do have a 12 pen stand like the 6 pen you are asking about. but it is $17.99. not a great deal when you add in the shipping and postage for one.
looks like this is going to stay with the single pen stand for now but keep your eyes open for other syles folks. I have no problem expanding the selection.

emackrell

Daniel, please count me in for 20, and add them to the BUBBASVILLE EAST shipment!

Joe, thanks for being the distro point for these.

cheers Eileen [8D]

Daniel

PLEASE READ THIS.
I have a new updated cost per stand figure. My 75 cent per stand didn't live long. based upon 100 atands total, the average order being 20 stands, the cost mailed via Priority mail will be 86 cents per stand not 75. this is a grand total of $17.20 per 20 stands. My experience with postage rates tells me that there will not be savings on postage with average orders of 20 stands. priority flat rate is going to be the way to go. First class ends up costing as much or even more pretty quick as it is rated on ounces while priority is rated on pounds. the good news with priority is you could probably get 50 stands for the same $4.05 in postage. depends on how many stands will actually fit in the box.
so here is the math.
5 orders = $20.25 postage
100 stands= $58.00
shipping = $ 7.03
Total = 85.28 per 100 stands. I'm buying the remaining stands.

as far as payment goes, i need to do some tests to see what pay pal charges will be added etc. so this price is still just an update and not iron clad. a larger bulk order will help spread the $7.00 shipping charge out more but not by much. example shipping on 200 stands is $9 which reduces the per stand cost by 2 cents.

BigRob777

Daniel,
I accept that challenge (for my part). I'll take 30. I'll bet a stopper can be balanced on them too (I hope). They don't fit in my pen case, or in my pen wallet for that matter.[:D] Please send these to Joe for me. It looks like these won't nest very well. I hope to start doing local shows, when I get some inventory built up. I guess shipping will be calculated for us "termites" (Bubbasville east folks), when all is said and done.
Thank you for doing this,
Rob

wudwrkr

Daniel,
I am wondering if it would work out better to have Nile do the orders and get them to waive their $5.00 service fee. According to my calculations, 20 units from Nile would run $17.62 including shipping. If they don't charge their stated $5 fee for orders under $50, then I think we come out ahead. This way, they handle the credit card transactions and shipping.

What do you think?

Daniel

Dave, as a general rule making bulk buy directly to the supplier would work better. If they did not charge service fees, If they would reduce there shipping charges to what they divide up to each person in the bulk buy, then you could save all the postage costs. as it stands you not only need to convince niles to waive there $5.00 service charge for orders under $50.(total cost to them of $40.00 at this point. for some to reduce there price from $0.64 each to $0.58 each, and you need to convince them to ship orders for an average of $1.40 per 20 stands. even less for the smaller orders. and then of course you need to figure out how to get them to mail overseas at no added cost per stand other than the postage fees. not sure I even want to try and explain it all to them, much less ask. that's what the poor sap that volunteers to do one of these gets to do.
I think I will contact them to see if we can get a better price break on an order over 100 stands though. or 150 like it is looking like we will get.

Daniel

Big Rob got your request. you da man with the big order right now. that's the spirit show em how to do it. hope your wrong about the nesting thing or my figures are way off.

Daniel

Called them about an even lower price and it was sorry, that's as low as it gets. not looking hopeful to convince them to direct ship to all of you regardless of order size. sorry.

Daniel

Don, got you.
I'm going to give this about three days for this bulk buy. we ahve already doubled the min I wanted to do the bulk buy. it will allow me to get more definite numbers for future ones. and reduces the trama in the event of mistakes and changes.
At this moment I have 4 requests without definite number of stands wanted. 3 of them are the 15-20 type requests. and one has no amount at all. please let me know exactly how many you want. if I do not here from you I will order the higher amount you listed. Don't expect payment notices from me until all orders are in.

Daniel

Tom, Mark and stan I have yours.
I've lost track on keeping the price updated so will correct it tomorrow afternoon. we are now at a total of 330 stands though.

Daniel

hey folks, I don't make the rounds to the other pen groups much lately. for any of you that frequent them please pass on the news about this bulk buy. Everyone is welcome to join in. they do have to either e-mail me or psot there request here though. gets to be way to much to keep track of.

jcollazo

Daniel, please set me up for 25 stands. I've gotten confused with the pricing changes so just let me know what I owe and I'll add Paypal's cut.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom