Abranet Group Buy is on

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This buy is now Closed. The order was placed on 06/29/09.
I was expecting some people to join in, but not as many as did. The final order is just over 4500 sheets. Being so large, it will take me a little while to sort all the orders out. Thanks for participating in this buy. If you have not paid yet, please do so as soon as possible. Thanks, Neil

This buy is open as of 06/21/09
This buy will close as of 06/30/09 17:00 eastern time

When using paypal, please include your screen name with payment, or I get very confused. Seriously, I don't know who is paying me and a lot of the totals are the same, so please include your screen names or I can't figure out who has paid. You guys are killing me here!!!

There has been enough interest shown for me to do a group buy on the Abranet. For those that have not used Abranet in the past, it is one of the longest lasting sanding materials I have had the pleasure to use. Each sheet will sand many blanks and is cleanable. It has a mesh backing so the dust goes right through it.
The sheets are 2.75" x 4" and the price is going to be $0.58 per sheet. There will be a minimum of 5 sheets per grit, and a total minimum of 20 sheets. The price is including everything except the shipping to you. From the feeler, I would say that the standard shipping will be $5.00 for US, outside of the US will cost more, if you make a particularly large order it will be higher. If I am remembering correctly, I can fit about 150 sheets in a flat rate envelope.
The grits available are 120, 180, 240, 320, 400, and 600.

Please let me know what grits you would like and how many of each.

Last edited:

esears

I would take 5 of each grit. I'm seeing that it comes up as $22.40 with shipping. If I'm reading this right can you just PM me to let me know and I'll send the money out via paypal.

ESwindell

Neil,
I will take 10 of each of the grits.
If the order will be in by the July meeting you can just give it to me there if not let me know and I'll get the total PayPaled to you.

To all those who have never used this stuff, it is really great for use sanding raw material or CA (if dry). I use regular sand paper if I am trying to fill voids with CA and "dust" and on plastic I use (wet)/dry from 400 on but before that you can use this.

God Bless,
Eric

Last edited:

aggromere

I'll take 10 of each of the six grits; 120, 180, 240, 320, 400 and 600. I think that comes to $39.80 including the shipping. Please send me a PM with your paypal info. Thanks.

babyblues

I'll take 10 of each grit.

Ditto what Eric said about shipping. If it looks like it will get here before the meeting in July, I'll just pick it up from you at the meeting. If not, include shipping with my total.

Freethinker

I'd like 5 of each grit..........comes to $22.40 with shipping if my math's correct.

Please PM me to let me know and I'll send the money out via Paypal.

I find myself using wet sandpaper to get some of my more brittle* materials down to final size and shape. Will this work well on clear acrylics when wet sanding?

*(Trustone, PCB blanks, acrylester, brass...)

thanks.

JerrySambrook

Neil,
I would like the following:

5-120
10-180
10-240
10-320
10-400
5-600

Thanks
Jerry

p.s. if you have them before the next meeting, you can just bring them at that time

mokol

neil. i would like 5 of each - can i mail you a check? ship to 11209
mokol- victor

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I find myself using wet sandpaper to get some of my more brittle* materials down to final size and shape. Will this work well on clear acrylics when wet sanding?

*(Trustone, PCB blanks, acrylester, brass...)

thanks.
I just spoke with a repp and they said that this stuff works very well wet, I have used it wet on a few pieces and was happy with the results.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Everyone above should have received a Pm from me at this point. This buy is growing very fast, we are well over 2000 sheets already. Yeah, I can't wait to sort all this out....LOL

Scott

Geez! It's been a long time since I've jumped in on a group buy! ;-)

I'll take ten of each grit. I think that comes to $39.80, unless the shipping is more.

Thanks!

Scott.

chris99210

I'd like 10 - 320, 15 - 400, and 15 - 600. I think that comes to $28.20. Please PM me the total and I'll send via paypal.

Thanks,
Chris

gomeral

I'll take 20@600 grit, 10@120 grit, and 5 each of the other 4 grits. (I still have a surprising amount of 180-400 grit on hand, but I want to make sure I can skip the next group buy.) :rolleyes:

Thanks, I figure $34 - PMwPP.

daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom