2018 Kit Less Pen Tap and Die Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

eharri446

Please read this post in its entirety.

First and foremost you must:

• Post to this thread and pm me if you would like to participate.

• This group buy cutoff if June 10th, 2018 in order to complete the above and fulfill the above and below.
OVERVIEW

This buy is focused on obtaining the maximum quantity discount for our members for triple lead tap and dies as well as for the Bock and JOWO taps required to build kit less pens.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE.

The goal is to have everything done and ordered by August 21st, 2017. I will do my best to use USPS Small Flat Rate Box (online USA postage price of $7.15 plus insurance based on the basic cost to replace the taps and dies that you order. If you do not want to pay for the additional insurance you will have to send me a PM opting out of the insurance). International postal rates depend on country and I will figure and request the difference at mailing to be sent by PayPal.

$50 of insurance is now included with Priority Mail. YOU are responsible for any additional insurance you want.

**New IAP guideline**
Insurance will be included unless you specifically decline!

For reference:
The amount of insurance will be calculated by the spreadsheet once you make your selections. Please remember that I am responsible for shipping your merchandise, but I cannot be held responsible for its delivery!
For Example:
If you order 1 plug tap and die for the M14, M13, M12, M11 and one plug tap for the Bock #5 and #6 as well as the JOWO #5 and #6 the total retail cost would be: $2011.40 so your insurance would be $27.90 making you total shipping cost $35.05.

The total cost of shipping will be determined once the individual spreadsheets are received. Once that is done the total cost for your order will be sent to you via PM. Once the total cost is determine you will have to make your payment to me via PayPal by the payment deadline. Otherwise your order will not be include in the final order to the vendor.
Additional Shipping Cost: I will be the one doing the purchasing and arranging for the shipment of the merchandise to me by the vendor. Each participant will be charged a pro-rate portion of the cost of shipping which will be invoiced separately. The charge for the previous group buy was around $200.00 and will most likely be less than that do to the smaller group participating.
WAITING LIST

There is no waiting list for this group buy.
THE SPECIFICS

This group buy is open to any member of IAP.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE TIMELINES, WE WILL PLACE THE ORDER WITHOUT YOU. IF YOU SENT MONEY AFTER THE DEADLINE AND THE ORDER WAS PLACED THEN YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU. THERE WILL BE NO "WARNING" EMAILS THAT YOU ARE LATE.
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE

• 1. Post to this thread and PM me to get in
• 2. Must have a valid shipping address
• 3. New: In your reply in this thread you must state that you either want to "Insure for retail value" or "No additional insurance on my shipment." Additionally, on the spreadsheet, you must indicate the same.
Please indicate your NAME and IAP USERNAME on all payments and correspondence.

I will give you my email address to return the spreadsheet too. Please note, download the spreadsheet at the bottom of this thread.

In the Excel document, there is a block at the top of the spreadsheets. It requires:
Your IAP screen name
Your "real" name
Your email address
Your mailing address
Whether or not you want insurance (Yes/No)
The sheet automatically calculates the PayPal fee – zero it out if using "Friends and Family"
If these fields are not filled out accurately, the spreadsheet will be returned to you!
DEADLINES

• Spreadsheet must be returned by June 10th, 2018 (Midnight – CST)
• Invoices will be emailed by June 15th, 2018 (Midnight – CST)
• PayPal (only payment option) by June 20th, 2018 (Midnight – CST)

PAYMENTS - PAYPAL ONLY

I will be placing the order by Monday, June 21st, 2018. If you have not made the PayPal payment by the deadline scheduled above you will be removed from the buy. I will confirm your total via PM as well as my PayPal information once I receive your order back.

Several members and organizers have asked PayPal regarding the use of "Friends and Family" payment option. And it is OK in their eyes and has been each time they were contacted. The "Friends and Family" payment method has no fees for the recipient, thus saving you money. If you choose NOT to use the send money to Friends and Family option, the spreadsheet has already added 4% PayPal goods and services fee. If you use F&F option - follow the guide on the spreadsheet and zero out the PayPal fee.

I will issue PayPal refunds for any over payments. I will try to get as close to even as possible – anything less than $1.00 will not be refunded.
SHIPPING

Availability
Shipping will be done once all of the merchandise for the order is received. According to the vendor the merchandise will be available based on the taps and the dies in 4 – 6 weeks depending on quantity ordered
USA
Will be defaulted to published USPS small Flat Rate Box for online postage price of $7.30. It will include tracking and delivery confirmation.
International
Will be determined once you submit your spreadsheet, and the cost will be updated on your spreadsheet. Once that is updated you will be notified via PM of the final cost of your order. It will include tracking and delivery confirmation.
SHIPPING INSURANCE

I do require that you pay for insurance, unless you specifically chose to opt out of the additional insurance. I cannot and will not be responsible for what happens to your order after it leaves my control. You will receive confirmation of shipping, but once it has left my hands I am not responsible for it.

If you desire no additional insurance then you must notify me via PM and indicate that you do not want additional insurance on the spreadsheet.

I highly recommend that you do not opt out of the additional insurance because of the cost to replace your order at the retail cost per item.
ITEMS AVAILABLE

The items available for ordering will be listed on the spreadsheet and all you have to do is enter the quantity for each tap and/or die that you wish to purchase.

Only items listed on the spreadsheet will be included in the buy, no other items will be added.
BACK ORDERED ITEMS

There will be NO back orders.
CLOSEOUT ITEMS

There will be NO CLOSEOUT ORDERS.
MORE INFORMATION

The attached spreadsheet for the Triple Start Threads Group Buy will calculate your total cost for order based on the results of the thread under the Group Buy Research forum.

I have also rounded up the PayPal fee to 4.0% (only applicable if you're NOT using the Friends and Family option in PayPal). Your PayPal fee may be less than what you pay, and this difference will be refunded. Once all payments are received and account settled to my satisfaction, I will issue PayPal refunds for any over payments. I'll try to get as close to even as possible – anything less than $1.00 will not be refunded.

Please complete your order within the spreadsheet. Before you return the spreadsheet to me by email – change the excel file name as follows:
RealFirstName_RealLastName_TLTD_2018_Group_Final.xls
I hope these terms are acceptable to everyone, and please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

NOTE: If anyone does not have access to Microsoft Excel, please contact me and I will send you and alternate means of entering your order.

If you have downloaded the spreadsheet, please download it again as there were errors in the summation of the costs.

Attachments

• TLTD_2018_Group_Final.xls
    54.5 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:

jaybreda

Photos: 46

Default Re: 2018 Kit Less Pen Tap and Die Group Buy
I still want to participate and will email you the excel spreadsheet and will await your invoice so I can pay via PayPal F&F

thank you

jay breda

magpens

How do I edit the xls file ? .... won't seem to take my input.

Do I have to, first of all, download and save the file before I try to edit ?

I have only the Microsoft Office Starter edition ... not the pay-for-play version ... of Excel.

Last edited:

monophoto

How do I edit the xls file ? .... won't seem to take my input.

You have to open it in Excel. But you may also have to enable the macros - after opening the file, look in the upper left corner of the screen to see if there is a warning, and if so, click the 'Enable Content' box.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_134 May. 29 13.34.jpg
    ScreenHunter_134 May. 29 13.34.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 312

Penman1947

Working on the spreadsheet.

Count me in for 13 x.8 bottom tap and die. Included insurance too. I haven't used Paypal's family and friends yet, so I will pay the 4% for fees.

brownsfn2

I am in but as I look at the spreadsheet it seems to come up with a total larger than the price listed. Also it appears that the insurance price is not showing when I use it. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Can't get the taps&dies at this time

Elwin,

Sorry but I can't be part of the group at this time. I was hoping to get started on kitless pens but between $$$'s and cognitive impairment issues can't get into right now. Thanks though for keeping me in the group loop.

Best regards,

Tony

RNelson

I am planning to participate. I'll send the spreadsheet to your email account when you forward it by PM

Pierre---

Hi,
I'm in for a M13 plug tap and a M13 die. I'll email the Excel sheet as soon as I have your address.

Thanks for working for us,

Pierre

lhowell

I am in but as I look at the spreadsheet it seems to come up with a total larger than the price listed. Also it appears that the insurance price is not showing when I use it. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I too noticed this. If you go in the column and look at the sum formula it appears that it is summing the wrong columns. the first formula in the totals column for Cost of Triple Lead Taps should be =SUM(E12:E19), for triple lead Dies it should be =SUM(E21:E24), cost of other dies should be =SUM(E25), cost of Nib Taps =SUM(E27:E34), and Cost of Other Taps should be =SUM(E35)

hokie

As of 7:05pm EST, the spreadsheet appears to still calculate an incorrect total. The subtotals listed from row 39 through 42 are out of whack (wrong ranges being summed) and leading to a far larger grand total.

That being said, I am interested in joining the group buy. Will follow with PM. No additional insurance on my shipment.

Last edited:

eharri446

Please disregard the sub totals. The prices may change up or down once I get all of the worksheets in, so for the time being please disregard.

I will check to make sure the prices are right when I get them back from everyone.

I apologize for the issues that everyone is having.

Orthojoe

2018 Group buy

I want to buy:
M12x.08 plug tap
M12x.08 die
M13x.08 plug tap
M13x.08 die
Thanks again for organizing all this. It seems to be an incredible amount of work for you. I am grateful.

PFMan

Sending the spreadsheet to you.

I am not sure about the values but I want:

M14 X .08 Plug Tap
M13 X .08 Plug Tap
M14 X .08 Die
M13 X .08 Die

brownsfn2

Hi. Sent my order today. I gave instructions in the email for the amount of insurance I would like since the spreadsheet just did not work for me. Please let me know if you do not receive it. Thanks for putting this together!

charlesd

Please put me down for the following:

M11 X .08 Plug Tap
M11 X .08 Die
Bock #5 Plug Tap
Bock #6 Plug Tap

No additional insurance on my shipment.

Will send PM after this post.

Thanks,
CD

jlsand68

I am interested in participating in this group buy.

I wish to include the insurance.

I will be sending a PM.

I downloaded the spreadsheet but I see multiple issues with the formulas.
Should I use it as is?

Thanks,
Joe Sanders

RangeRat

I am still in per my original request....

M12x.8 plug tap
M12x.8 die
Bock #5 plug tap
M8.5x1 Bock section tap
Insure for retail value

PM will be sent momentarily.

its_virgil

I am in:
m10x1 Tap and Die TL
m12x.8 Tap and Die TL
jowl #5 and #6 tap
Bock #5 and #6 tap
All taps are plug taps
no additional insurance

I hope I did not miss any of your requirements for entering this group buy!!

Don Ward
its_virgil

Bg0382

Group Purchase Kitless pen

Please add me to the list add additional insurance, spreadsheet sent to you. Thank you for organizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom