When are you arriving at the MAPG?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I'm planning on leaving Columbus around 7:30am (maybe earlier) Friday. It's an 8 - 10 hour drive, depending how often and for how long I stop along the way. Should be checking in around 4:30 - 5:30.

What about you?

edicehouse

I made up my mind I will head up Saturday morning, but it is rather slow at work today, and I am rethinking about possibly Friday night, but we shal see.

PTownSubbie

Early Friday to setup.:eek::biggrin:

Our concern is Saturday morning.....Demos start at 10am. If you show up on Saturday, try to make early. Woodcraft opens at 9am and we will be there for registration at that time.....

Bill Sampson

I have contacted all vendors and demonstrators, and we should be set up to go by 7:00 pm. on Friday evening. Will complete arrangements on the 4th. at our final planning meeting.
We are looking forward to a great time both days!!

Bill Sampson, Richmond

edicehouse

Johnathin, I used to make it from my house to Jacksonville Florida from my house (~560 miles) in about 8:00 to 8:30 hours, making sure I knew which Mountain Dew bottle was which. The bringing the wife now adds about 2 hours, and 1 hour more for each additional kid. It's amazing 3/4 of us will need to use the bathroom when we stop for gas, 20 miles later the 1 that didn't will have to.

flyitfast

I'll be sitting here in my San Antonio shop on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday wishing I could be there. :mad: Oh well, hope the meeting is very successful, the demos educational, and new friends are met and old acquaintances are enjoyed.
You all are invited to SWAT in August. :good:
gordon

longbeard

Get off work at 2:00pm friday, come home do the three S's, and out the door by 3 - 3:30. I think it's about a 4 hour drive for us.

seamus7227

Leaving around 7am and arriving arou......... ah heck, who am i kidding, i cant make it. But im sure wishing! This year sounds like it will be great!

PTownSubbie

Man... wish I could have made the trip.

I'll be sitting here in my San Antonio shop on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday wishing I could be there. :mad: Oh well, hope the meeting is very successful, the demos educational, and new friends are met and old acquaintances are enjoyed.
You all are invited to SWAT in August. :good:
gordon

Leaving around 7am and arriving arou......... ah heck, who am i kidding, i cant make it. But im sure wishing! This year sounds like it will be great!

I hear you. I'd love to see that can-can dancing live!

There is always next year! Put it on your calendars now!! I am sure we will figure out the date early to allow early planning.

I too would like to see Seamus do the can-can dance.....:eek:

cwolfs69

be in early

i plan on being there around 5:00 pm. but knowing how anal i am about making sure i am there on time will probably be in about 2:30 and waiting in the parking lot or browsing the store. can not wait to meet all the guys and put faces, other than avatars, with the names and post comments.

cwolfs69

no massive clean up needed

sounds like both Wissen's will be there Friday Morning til whenever it's all cleaned back up...LOL.
Tina you know that this crowd will not let you and fred have to clean up the entire mess. i have not met many of the people here on the site but just from conversations on the phone and computer contact. the place will probably be cleaner when we finish than when we start. you will not have to stay much more than the general crowd.

Yes, the website has evolved tremendously, thanks to all the wonderful vendors, sponsors, and other demonstrators who have gotten involved in MAPG 2013. There's still time to get involved / partake in the promotions, but anyone interested must act quickly!

what a team!!

Yes, and what a team it is!! With Bruce Robbins, Bill Sampson, Meg Turner, John Penberthy, Philip Duffy, and Fred on the team, I get the easy stuff to do...LOL.

sounds like both Wissen's will be there Friday Morning til whenever it's all cleaned back up...LOL.
Tina you know that this crowd will not let you and fred have to clean up the entire mess. i have not met many of the people here on the site but just from conversations on the phone and computer contact. the place will probably be cleaner when we finish than when we start. you will not have to stay much more than the general crowd.

wortmanb

I'm rolling in Saturday morning and back out again early-to-mid afternoon due to a cub scout campout for the den I'm leading. *Sigh*. Wish I could stay longer, but I'll take what I can get.

Can't wait!!!

Top Bottom