What are you looking forward to most?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I was wondering what demo you all are looking forward to the most? Which person are you looking forward to the most? etc....

I think what I am looking forward to the most is my oldest daughter going and spending the day with me and he excitment of entering the contest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katya

I'm really looking forward to meeting folks too!
But I have another question.. how far is Monticello from the hotel, and is it possible to get there by some means other than car? I'll be flying in from Canada and have always wanted to see Monticello, but won't be driving. Or could there be an organized side trip there?

edicehouse

Correct me if I am wrong fellow people from VA, but I think it's about 50 to 60 miles from the Richmond Woodcraft.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking forward to Toni's demo, seeing some friends I met at the MPG last year, meeting some new friends, and not hearing Curtis complain about "the sorry excuse for BBQ in Illinois" (I am presuming that VA has BBQ that would impress the Texans, and hoping someone can tell me where to find it.)

Also looking forward to giving away some of these brand new mugs.
(Assuming that my luck holds and they are delivered to me in time)
NewMugs.JPG

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I'm looking forward to Toni's demo, seeing some friends I met at the MPG last year, meeting some new friends, and not hearing Curtis complain about "the sorry excuse for BBQ in Illinois" (I am presuming that VA has BBQ that would impress the Texans, and hoping someone can tell me where to find it.)

Also looking forward to giving away some of these brand new mugs.
(Assuming that my luck holds and they are delivered to me in time)
View attachment 92731

Buzz and Ned's.

walshjp17

(I am presuming that VA has BBQ that would impress the Texans, and hoping someone can tell me where to find it.)
View attachment 92731

There are several good BBQ places in Richmond. My favorite is Extra Billy's just down the road about 3 or 4 miles. Others include Buzz & Ned's and Billy's (go for the limeade). There are others but these places have always worked and they are not all that far from the Woodcraft store in the West End.

Charlie_W

I too am looking forward with anticipation to meeting you folks as well as the demonstrators and their demo's. Should be a fun time! My daughter should be home from school and may be able to come as well!

Thanks to the Richmond Woodcraft for hosting this mob!

BBQ? You missed it! My wife smoked some baby back pork ribs friday night for her sister's 60th birthday and doctored up some bbq sauce we brought back from Dreamland in Tuscaloosa. Yummy!

Tom T

Those are nice looking mugs.
I am trying to make it there. I am looking forward to learning from all the talented people.
And buying a few things. And I get to meet Jeff.

Toni

I am looking forward to teaching my class!!! Meeting all the great IAP members!! and of coarse the head guy, ummmm....Jeff Brown....hehehehe oh and Dawn!!!! VERY excited!!

mdburn_em

I'm probably most excited about meeting people in person that I only "know" from their screen names/avatars.

I could go down the list of events (excluding one) and in detail tell you why that one is the one I'm most excited to see.

And of course, I get to meet Jeff. That is significant because of how well run this forum is. I've been a part of many forums over the last 7 years including "other" pen turning forums, THE IAP is a treasure.

Bill Sampson

pen finish

The absolute BEST finish for pens has been discovered by the MAPG team. It may or may not be demonstrated on Saturday. It will, however be revealed on Saturday afternoon. Ideas???

Bill Sampson, Richmond

edicehouse

The absolute BEST finish for pens has been discovered by the MAPG team. It may or may not be demonstrated on Saturday. It will, however be revealed on Saturday afternoon. Ideas???

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Living in the south I have heard a term in cooking "She put her foot in it" for some of the sould food. Maybe they put something on the finish that is a part of their body, maybe an eyebrow or something like that.

Top Bottom