An unbeatable team!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
AMAZING!!!

That is the word I think best summarizes the MAPG 2013 experience!!

Co-ordinating with the local Woodcraft, under the masterful direction of Brobbins, the MAPG 2013 was a lesson in organizing an event!!

The "convention hotel" was under a mile away and offered excellent accomodations at a very reasonable cost. (Fairfield Inn).

Across the parking lot from Woodcraft (no need to start the car) was a Ruby Tuesday---highly acceptable cuisine at a very reasonable cost!!

The Woodcraft facility was small for 130 people, but there was never a time I felt "squeezed in". The size of the "demo room" was small for the number of people, but it was easy to hear the demonstrators, even when standing outside the door a foot or two.

The program was diverse, and yet completely focused on PENS!! Every demo was very well attended and the arrangement kept the "vendor noise" away from the demo area. Certainly as good an arrangement as I have ever encountered.

As a vendor, I was treated exceptionally well, with numerous MAPG personnel frequently volunteering to do anything to help!! As a demonstrator, again the MAPG staff was completely attentive to anything I might want or need to make the demo better.

All of this is just to say "Hat's Off"!! to the MAPG "Planner-hosts". You were ALL fantastic. I certainly look forward to doing it again!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR WELL-DESERVED SUCCESS!!

Ed Brown
demonstrator, vendor and friend of MAPG staff!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I was so close to making it there, but I can't really complain...work sent me to Rio for 3 weeks. This place is nothing like the cartoon, but I plan to ask if they have any burl that I can just load on the plane when we come back. Maybe next year

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm home now after a nice brunch with my daughter in Arlington and a pleasant drive back to Ohio.

Honestly, I have not had many experiences as good as this. To have the opportunity to meet and spend time with so many people that I've known for so long from a distance was just spectacular. I would have definitely enjoyed another couple days.

I hate to do this because I don't want to miss the many great people I met, but I need to single out three new friends with whom I spent a significant amount of time; Fred Wissen, Bruce Robbins, and Bill Sampson. You guys really made me feel like I was home. Aside from the fact that you are just incredibly nice guys, you are masters of organization and getting things done.

I also want to thank our managers who were able to make the trip. Ed Brown, Wayne Racinowski, Mike Broberg, and Curtis Seebeck. We had some excellent discussions and hopefully many of you were able to finally put the names and faces together for the guys who do so much for us. I hope we can someday welcome Mannie, Dean, and Andrew as well.

I'm tired, but wow what a lot of great memories are swirling around in my head. Thanks to everyone who came, thanks to the Richmond Penturners for organizing the event, and I look forward to seeing you all again!

edstreet

I have to admit the experience was indeed enjoyable and even tho many things could have been improved on that would be something good for future meets.

I would like to go on record to say that with any future demo there really needs to be some serious upgrades done. For example the #1 issue I saw in all the demo's were people yapping in the back in the hallway and you could *NOT* hear the speakers as those yappers were louder and more frequent. Even when ask to shut up and take it elsewhere, by numerous people, they would not.

To be honest I did indeed enjoy the wood craft setup and felt it was a great asset however, the 'demo room' had no HVAC line but it DID have a ceiling mount dust collector which makes closing the door down right impossible with that number of people in the room, which the room was to small to be honest, it needs to be about 2 to 3 times the size it was.

The final thing that I have to mention here is from day 1 the very first thing that I noticed was 'campers' most everyone who would physically camp out at one vendor's table and stay there the entire time. Some of the vendors I was unable to even see the table until near closing time on Friday. So I would like to say to all those who attend events like this be respectful of others and don't camp, don't yap and if people are trying to move past you then please move and allow them passage.

Of all the negative things that I have seen and said I would like to say there was far more positive things that went on and that I saw. Would I go back again? You bet.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
An event like this is a monumental undertaking. Thank you Bruce, Fred, Tina, John, Bill, Phil and Meg! Many people who attend an event like the MAPG don't think about the time, work and personal sacrifice goes into staging the event. The MAPG was first rate seemed to flow flawlessly thanks to your efforts. I'm looking forward to next years event.

Top Bottom