My MAPG Experience

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I'm a little late getting this posted but we stopped in NC for a few days to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

I had a blast! It was great getting to see my VA buddies and meeting plenty more. I started losing my voice on Sunday from talking so much.

I was disappointed in myself for my demo. I hope atleast some of it was helpful! I have no clue how the blanks came out. I'll have to send Fred a PM and see what can be done about turning one round and posting it.

Next year if I get asked to demo again I'll be sure to be 100x better!

Thank you so very much to the folks who put in all the work to make the weekend a smooth and fun experience! I'll be attending next year for sure!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

Let me tell ya..I have only been turning for about a year now and casting less than that. I picked up a few points from you. And it was good to mention that the cups will melt. I saw some guys taking notes.. All my pours have been solid colors with Fred's tube in molds or PVC pipe. I will have to try swirls now. As Jim Croce said "Thank you for your time, you've been so much more than kind (you can keep the dime)..

Charlie_W

Happy Anniversary Jonathon!!!!!!

I thought the demo was great.
Showing folks what happens when the pr sits too long was an excellent teaching tool. Everyone learned from that and will remember......and you let on like it was an oops instead of planned! :biggrin:

76winger

Let me tell ya..I have only been turning for about a year now and casting less than that. I picked up a few points from you. And it was good to mention that the cups will melt. I saw some guys taking notes.. All my pours have been solid colors with Fred's tube in molds or PVC pipe. I will have to try swirls now. As Jim Croce said "Thank you for your time, you've been so much more than kind (you can keep the dime)..

My fellow SS Owner, you must be keeping your "Time In A Bottle"... :wink:

PTownSubbie

I have no clue how the blanks came out.

I wish I had good news because the color combination was awesome! But...you poured way too late and it was setup too much (I know, common theme). There were tons of little air bubbles in the cast. Too bad we didn't put pressure on them as they would have come out much better. :mad:

Top Bottom