MAPG Demonstrators and Vendors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Here's the latest from the MAPG team - subject to change, but enough to encourage you to make reservations! (see our web site for location)

Saturday Demonstrations: (not yet in order)

Quick and easy pen making for profit – Ed Brown
Stabilizing wood with Cactus Juice - Curtis Seebeck
Making pens with polymer clay – Toni Ransfield, Keith Henning
Painting scenes on a pen tube – Patty Sol
Finishing wood pens – CA, French Polish, Woodturners Finish - TBD
Making a calligraphy pen – TBD
Tutorial on calligraphy - TBD
Casting polyester resin pen blanks with a twist – Jonathon Broocks
Custom Pens – Losing the kit – Bruce Robbins
Ask the experts – A round table discussion on any pen topic you want from beginner to advanced

Vendors: (more to come)
www.Exoticblanks.com
Featuring imported and domestic pen blanks and representing numerous independent high end pen blank makers

Fred Wissen Designs - handcrafted pens, bowls, furniture, and more!
Silicone molds

Richard L. Greenwald, LLC, Pens, Pens Parts and Photographs
Pen parts for the custom pen maker

Creativewriting - Keith Henning –– Polymer clay artist
Sport themed polymer clay pen blanks

Welcome to TurnTex Woodworks!
Featuring "Original Cactus Blank" and "Texas Hybrid"™ blanks

ExclusiveDesignz Pen Art by Toni Ransfield
Toni Ransfield and her magnificent Millifiori polymer clay pen blanks

Woodcraft – featuring tools, pen kits, blanks, etc.

PTownSubbie

I would love to be there but it's a 1,000 mile round trip for me. :frown:

Come on....I made a trip to Atlanta to attend one of their regular meetings....

Where is your sense of adventure? Maybe an IAP roadtrip with neighbors is in order?

Note: This is not just toward you Dave....it is to everyone. Ed and Dawn plan to attend all the way from Wisconsin......

cozee

Where is your sense of adventure? Maybe an IAP roadtrip with neighbors is in order?

Note: This is not just toward you Dave....it is to everyone. Ed and Dawn plan to attend all the way from Wisconsin......

The MPG had attendees from Washington state and Canada. Texas was represented at the very first one. I'd have to double check but at one event there was 8 different states represented.

Druid

No sweat! It is a 3,018 mile round trip for me and I am going to make it!! :)

Why, that's just the outer fringe of North East Texas! :biggrin:

I'm there Bruce and cant wait to meet some of my favorite peeps. If the weather is decent I might have to ride the Harley down instead of the black suburban with tinted windows :tongue:

Last edited:

Brooks803

I'll be making the drive up with the wife and baby :biggrin:

I sure hope we can squeeze all these awesome demo's into the day! I'm gonna get a head start and begin planning out my demo now.

Edit: I forgot to ask....will I get to actually use PR in my demo or will I have to resort to tinted Karo Syrup and Honey like I did in IL? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

theidlemind

Argh.....maybe I'll look into carpooling with someone else from Kentucky.
Anybody (hint hint) up for that?
It would be well worth the trip for the demos and get to meet some of the people that enable me.

Lenny

I sure hope we can squeeze all these awesome demo's into the day! I'm gonna get a head start and begin planning out my demo now.

Edit: I forgot to ask....will I get to actually use PR in my demo or will I have to resort to tinted Karo Syrup and Honey like I did in IL? :rolleyes:

20 minutes in the toaster oven didn't help I'm guessing! :biggrin::biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam

No problem using the real stuff. We've done it before at this location!!

hewunch

How big is their classroom space? Most woodcrafts I have been in would be hard pressed to get a crowd like that in theirs.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
How big is their classroom space? Most woodcrafts I have been in would be hard pressed to get a crowd like that in theirs.
Its a relatively new Woodcraft. There are 2 pretty big rooms. We plan on one for the vendors and one for the demos. I think we can seat 100 in the demo room. Come early.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Now trying to talk my wife into a homeschool field trip to Virginia....she just might bite!
There's plenty of family friendly things to do around here from fun to history. Williamsburg is just an hour away. DC is less than 2 hours. Busch Gardens or Kings Dominion and local museums for the kids. You can even learn about the war of northern aggression.:)

PR_Princess

I'm there Bruce and cant wait to meet some of my favorite peeps. If the weather is decent I might have to ride the Harley down instead of the black suburban with tinted windows :tongue:

Fingers crossed for good May weather.....Dibs on a Harley ride! :bananen_smilies027:

wiset1

Can't wait to come to this one! Unless there's an overseas trip (Work) during this time, I'll be there!

MarkD

It's a 375 mile ride for me. Sound like a nice ride on the bike.
I'll see if I can work it out. Would really like to attend.

navycop

Getting with the LOML to see if she can go. I'll take a couple days off and make the trek myself. I don't start school back up until Monday 20th. When is the deadline to register?

Last edited:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Getting with the LOML to see if she can go. I'll take a couple days off and make the trek myself. I don't start school back up until Monday 20th. When is the deadline to register?
There is no deadline to register. You can even do it at the site. We are only using preregistration to get an idea of how many are coming and to make the process easier.

Dean

Going!! I have a lake house hr & 1/2 away from there. Who wants to be my new friend(s).

longbeard

Going!! I have a lake house hr & 1/2 away from there. Who wants to be my new friend(s).

me me me me :biggrin:

The misses and i are coming.
I have but 1 suggestion, i have never met anyone from this site, what do you think about name tags with our screen name on it along with our real name?

PTownSubbie

me me me me :biggrin:

The misses and i are coming.
I have but 1 suggestion, i have never met anyone from this site, what do you think about name tags with our screen name on it along with our real name?

We are planning on name tags. Those that pre-register will get a registration package. Include your IAP name with registration and we will include them on the name tags.

Pre-register at www.midatlanticpen.com

Look forward to seeing you all!

Top Bottom