MAPG Contest/Door Prizes are rolling in!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

I just want the people that are going to make the MAPG this year to know that the prizes are starting to roll in from our great vendors here at IAP!!

I have packages from:

Craig Lapiana (AKA clapiana) of http://www.chefwarekits.com I think he sent about one of everything he has on his site! There is a ton of stuff here.

Marla Mills (AKA Crickett).http://www.fineturnings.com She sent a ton of her paper and feather blanks! Must be 20+ blanks in total!

Rick Herrell (AKA rherrell) of "Custom Made" penturning tools/accessories sent a Mini-Jet Tool Rest set, a sanding mill and Jr Gent II pin chucks.

John Underhill (AKA JohnU) sent 3 pounds of feather blanks!

This is only a portion of the vendors that confirmed that they would send some products to support the MAPG. Thanks to those that have sent already and to those that are sending in the future.

I will try to get some pictures up soon but life is crazy around here (as always!)

If you are a vendor and I have not contacted you, it was an oversight! Please send me a PM if you would like to provide some product to our gathering. You don't have to be a vendor if you want to provide anything, just send me a PM.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Sampson

Fred,

This is great!!!!! The MAPG is our version of a "Holiday in May". Not only will there be great door prizes, our demonstrators and vendors will have wonderful products that will insure that you will not want go home empty handed.

You don't want to miss this one!! There is more to come from Fred and Tina.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

PTownSubbie

Couple more....

25 issues of American Woodturner journal have been donated by AAW (American Association of Woodturners). The American Woodturner journal is dedicated to providing education, information, and organization to those interested in woodturning.

Register early as the quantities of the next donation are limited!!

We would like to thank General Finishes for donating 100 2 oz sample bottles of Wood Turners Finish, which will be going to the first 100 attendees who register. Wood Turner's Finish is a non-toxic water/oil urethane hybrid for use on wood turnings, salad bowls, and other lathe turned projects. It produces a rich amber tone and dries to recoat in minutes.
We will be demonstrating how Wood Turner's Finish is applied to pens at MAPG 2013.

PTownSubbie

More coming in!!

I received a pen display case from Roy Robaldo at Classic Nib today! Boy is that thing sweet looking. It even has a hasp so it can be locked!!

Thanks Roy for the donation! The contest and display pens will look nice in this display case!

I also received 2 segmented blanks from Joe Schneider (wood128). A complex segmented blanket pattern and a 360 herringbone blank. These joints are tight!

They look great Joe!! Someone will be able to make a couple of great pens from those!

Tom T

I was thinking about driving up from Florida to meet some really nice people and good pen turners. And learn some good stuff.
But the deal has been sweetened with these door prizes, if they are valid to out of state people. Are people from Florida allowed?
We are on the Atlantic. Be it south and not mid.

Brooks803

Tom there will be people coming from all over the country. You'd be more than welcome! I'm driving up from SC.

BTW...Fred, I've got 2 of my 3 donation boxes done! Just gotta do those 9" kitless blanks.

Tom T

Wow that almost sounds like more door prizes. I will put in the request to the wife. See if I or we can get there. Sounds like a great time to be had by all.

There are name tags. I'm not sure if it my long term or short term memory.

PTownSubbie

Wow that almost sounds like more door prizes. I will put in the request to the wife. See if I or we can get there. Sounds like a great time to be had by all.

Tom,

Even those from the south are welcome :tongue::biggrin:. We are letting them in from Texas, so Florida shouldn't be a problem..... LOL!

After all, we are letting Jonathon show up! I am not sure who his translator is going to be though....

We look forward to seeing you there!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
The vendors just won't stop!!! Berea Hardwoods recently donated a couple of gift certificates and Doug Thompson sent in a few of his wonderful lathe tools. Check out our web site for more details!

And rumor has it that Jeff will be bringing some IAP goodies for giveaways to add to the pile.

Richmond is a great place to visit in the spring and we're not too far from many other attractions if you want to make a family vacation out of it. While there's plenty to keep you busy right here, the beach, the mountains, Colonial Williamsburg, Washington, DC, Monticello and more are an easy drive away.

Be sure to register if you can. We won't turn anyone away at the door, but it makes the name tags a little easier and it guarantees a goodie bag.

Tom,

Even those from the south are welcome :tongue::biggrin:. We are letting them in from Texas, so Florida shouldn't be a problem..... LOL!

After all, we are letting Jonathon show up! I am not sure who his translator is going to be though....

We look forward to seeing you there!

I'm coming from East Tennessee so I'll translate for Jonathan :biggrin:

Top Bottom