I am a rock star!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
At least that is they way I was treated by the fine folks who organized and attended the MAPG!

I had a personal chauffeur who picked me up from the airport Friday morning at 9 am and took me back Sunday morning at the ungodly hour of 5 am, very willingly with no complaints I might add! Thank you Bill Sampson!

There was a caterer who provided a goodie bag of snacks for my hotel room Friday evening, thanks Meg!

I had ground transportation as needed, even when I forgot my iPad back at the hotel and had to be taken back to get it, thanks Fred and Tina!

The media was there taking glamour shots to share the experience with the world, thanks to Charley Godwin!

There was a stage manager making sure each performer followed the schedule and that all our needs were met and that the event went off well, thank you Bruce Robbins!

There was also a stadium full of fans that came and gave their undivided attention to listen to the performers with interest, even if it was just a boring stabilizing gig! Thank you to all who came!

I am sure there were also a lot of folks behind the scenes that I failed to mention and for that I apologize. It was not that you were not appreciated, it is just that this very tired "rock star" has a poor memory and is still awake after only 3.5 hours of sleep last night!

In all seriousness, the MAPG was a wonderful experience for me. It was very well organized and everyone made me feel really welcome. When it was all over Saturday night and I got back to my hotel room, it felt like I had just left a family reunion where I would not get to see my family again for a year! Of course, this family reunion did not have any of the family members you are glad to get away from!

Thank you to each and every one of you fine folk who pulled it together and who gave up their Saturday to participate. Thank you for for the very warm welcome!

And by the way, I brought that first glove home with me and it worked fine in Texas so it must have been that Virginia air! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tdsmart

Thanks for making the long trip, Curtis, and for sharing your knowledge and experience, and for being patient while a few of us hovered around waiting for the toaster oven to give up its goods. I hope your fingers aren't too worse for the wear and have recovered.

Bill Sampson

Curtis,
I'm glad you enjoyed the MAPG. You are right about the 5:00 am hour. I will tell you that it was worth every hour of lost sleep for me; although when I got up at 3:00 am Sunday morning, I wasn't so sure.

My system works fine. My nephew and I stabilized several pieces of "punky" wood yesterday and it looks great. We will turn it today.
Thanks again for coming to VA and your part in making the MAPG a success. Lon enjoyed meeting you and said when you want to hunt "real" deer, come to Ohio and hunt with him. I don't know what that means, but I guess you do.

It was great to meet and get to know you. Thanks again for coming.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

edicehouse

You did prove a misconception I had. I thought there were only 2 things from Texas.

LOL, next. . .

I didn't know there were any intelligent people in Texas, look at the contract they gave Romo.

(You got your digs in, time to pay him back :)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You did prove a misconception I had. I thought there were only 2 things from Texas.

LOL, next. . .

I didn't know there were any intelligent people in Texas, look at the contract they gave Romo.

(You got your digs in, time to pay him back :)

Hey, why don't you go out to your front yard and start building your vacuum pump! :biggrin:

Top Bottom