September CPPG Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Well it's that time once again; seems like the time flies between meetings. Once again we will meet at Jim Hoechstetter's shop in Indian Land, SC at 6:30 PM on Thursday, Septermber 11.

We have a special treat for this meeting. Jonathon Brooks (Brooks803) will be joining us to demonstrate his techniques for casting blanks. As he noted in an email to me "I'll be bringing enough resin/pigments to do just about anything we want. I mainly do color casting, but I'll bring some tube in stuff as well. I like to take requests from the crowd to get them involved." So, put your thinking caps on and try to come up with some fantastic Poly Resin blank ideas for Jonathon to create. If you have any thing you would like to have casted into a blank (bottles caps; small, thin metal objects; diamonds; crushed fine jewels; colored pencils, etc.), bring them along and perhaps we can persuade Jonathon to put them in a tube-on casting.

I received a box of 132 Cherry pen blanks from North Woods Figured Woods (Forrest Grove, Oregon) as part of their effort to help turning clubs with charitable events. I suggest we each take some blanks to turn Slimline pens for the troops and then bring the finished pens to the November meeting. I plan to pass along our efforts to Gary Greenberg (GaryMcG) to send to the courageous men and women in uniform who are protecting the national interests of the USA.

Bring your latest creations for Show-N-Tell. We will also be doing a PITH (Pen-in-the-hat) exchange and a blank swap once again, so bring a pen and/or a few blanks to trade with other members. We WILL do the swaps this meeting — if I don't forget, again ; >).

If you have items you would like to sell, swap, put in the raffle or give away, please bring them along as well. There will be a few penturning-related items on the raffle table, so come prepared to buy a few tickets ($1.00 each or 6 for $5.00).

If you know of anyone who would be interested in joining our little band of pen makers or just want to attend a meeting to find out what all the fuss is about, please pass this info along and/or bring them with you. Remember, experience is not required.

Last edited:
Top Bottom