Off cycle meeting - 11/2 at my place in Fort Mill, SC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Hi all.

It looks like there is enough interest for me to do a formal announcement. I'll have to cap participation at around 10 people or it will be standing room only in the shop.

Saturday 11/2 from 1pm until ??

So far on the schedule will be:
- Jonathon showing a flame finished CA finish
- Me for segmenting 101
- Open discussion/demos as time permits

I think there have been enough pen swaps lately so let's plan on a blank swap. Bring some nice blanks and we'll put them in a box and do random drawings. (Only those who contribute will be eligible to draw)

Bring your chairs and any drinks. I'll throw a cooler together with some basics like water, soda, etc...

Location is Fort Mill, SC. Email me if you are coming and I'll send out address and directions. fisherofpens@gmail.com

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Rats! That is the weekend of the North Carolina Woodturners Symposium in Greensboro and I have to be there. Bummer!

Carl Fisher

So far I have Tyson, Sandy + 1, and Jonathon. I don't know how many times I'll get to pull Jonathon away from Columbia and I have room for maybe 6 more.

"IF" I were to move this out a weekend to get around the wood turning symposium, would more people come out? Would those who have committed be able to do the following week?

jyreene

Anything before is a toss up. Anything after can't happen because I leave in December for my deployment.

Edited - but I'm just one person do please don't keep it for my sake if you can get the turn out better.

Carl Fisher

Just heard from Jonathon that the 2nd is the only weekend he and Tyson can make the trip in the near future, so I'll keep the date where it is.

Thanks!

jyreene

hey now...you just make sure you get my breakfast order right! :tongue:

If there's anything that the attendants want me to bring with me let me know!

That was a bacon mayonaise mcmayo sandwich with extra mayo and a large coffee right? Aka a Bacon McGridde?

I would like you to bring all the things I normally try and steal from your shop so I can steal them while we drive up there.

Anything you need me to bring let me know and I'll make sure I take it from Jonathon's for us.

Carl Fisher

Any time. I have some things to show you that came out of our playing around yesterday.

A new sled and the sample blank I "should" have sent you home with :biggrin:

Sandy H.

Erica and I enjoyed meeting you all - you're all a little nutty, so we felt right at home. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.

Sandy.

Carl Fisher

Definitely nutty.

I think this meeting was a little less structured than I had originally intended. However that is a good thing when we have a small group. You can actually get off on tangents that are beneficial to everyone.

Top Bottom