March CPPG Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Our next meeting is scheduled for March 12 at 6:30 PM. The venue is unchanged — Jim Hoechstetter's shop. The topic for this meeting is Fountain Pens. Carl Fisher will be providing a presentation on fountain pens — Everything you wanted to know about fountain pens but still are afraid of making them. Carl will discuss the process behind making both kit and bespoke (one-off) fountain pens and will discuss the various parts of the pen and how they all interact with one another. He will also discuss the merits of each type of fountain pen fillers and nibs. Finally he will show how to fine tune a pen nib for optimal writing.

Bring your latest creations for Show-N-Tell. We will also be doing a PITH (Pen-in-the-hat) exchange and a blank swap once again, so bring a pen and a few blanks to trade with other members. If you have items you would like to sell, swap or give away, please bring them along as well. There will be a few penturning-related items on the raffle table, so come prepared to buy a few tickets ($1.00 each or 6 for $5.00).

If you know of anyone who would be interested in joining our little group or just attend a meeting, please pass this info along and/or bring them with you. Remember, experience is not required.

Please let me know if you are unable to make the meeting so we will know how to plan for the space.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

John,

Do you know if Carl is intending to post notes of his presentation ? It would be a welcome addition to the Library I would think.

Carl Fisher

I honestly wasn't very structured in any presentation the last round. I was ill prepared and just going off the cuff so to speak.

Most of the info can be found in the library here but I can post a few links I sent to the group from external sites with good information.

magpens

Hi Carl,

I think it would be appreciated by more than just me if you could post those links, please.
Your post would get best visibility in the Fountain Pens Forum, I believe, with a reference to it from here, perhaps.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

Most of them are actually from places referenced on FPN and the like. They are to Edison and Richard Binder mostly. I'll have to see if I have them in the email I sent back in March. If not, John may have them.

Carl Fisher

Top Bottom