January 2015 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Hello Charlotte area penturners. It's almost that time again. We'll once again be meeting at Jim Hoechstetter's shop in Indian Land, SC. The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 8, at 6:30 PM.

For this meeting, I will be demonstrating how to make a "faux segmented" pen. Don Ward (its_vigil) showed how to make this pen at Arrowmont last summer and wrote an article about it in More Woodturning magazine. I will try to show y'all how to make Don's "faux segmented" pen using ColorWood (AKA, DymondWood, SpectraPly and several other names). My plan is to explain how the blank is milled to size, drilled, sliced using a tablesaw sled, stacked and glued. I will then turn and finish a ColorWood "segmented" pen.

Bring your latest creations for Show-N-Tell. For those interested, we will also be doing a PITH (Pen-in-the-hat) exchange and a blank swap once again, so bring a pen and/or a few blanks to trade with other members. If you have items you would like to sell, swap or give away, please bring them along as well. There will be a few penturning-related items on the raffle table, so come prepared to buy a few tickets ($1.00 each or 6 for $5.00).

If you know of anyone who would be interested in joining our little group or just attend a meeting, please pass this info along and/or bring them with you. Remember, experience is not required.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

See you on Thursday the 8th!

walshjp17

Due to the hospitalization of the demonstrator, the January meeting is cancelled. We will try to the demo in March.

Top Bottom