Almost Daily Puzzler Tie Breaker Puzzle! WITH BONUS ROUND chance for everyone!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Be sure to scroll down for the BONUS ROUND description!

OK folks, it is time to finally figure out who is the most puzzling person on IAP! We have slid and jigged, crossed and searched and finally narrowed down the list of outstanding puzzlers to the top 13 with perfect scores. Here they are again in case you missed it!

Alphageek
Cole Roberts
fitty
hewunch
karl_99
mrcook4570
rholiday
RichF
SMJ1957
THarvey
Twist-Ed
UKpenmaker
Wooden_Pen_Turner_11

Now, the final challenge!

I have just uploaded a new crossword puzzle from the master crossword puzzle maker, PR_Princess! This one is tough! This time, it will be a timed puzzle! There is no set start time so you can start any time you want but the person who does the puzzle the quickest will win first place! Here is how it will work:

Go to the "registration" page and enter your IAP Username as well as your start date and start time. There is an official clock at the top of the page in red. Use that. Please don't try to cheat by putting in a later start time! I get all form entries e-mailed to me which will also have a time stamp and will be comparing that to the start time you claim. Of course it is possible that it could be different just a little due to the time it may take for the e-mail to be sent to me so I will use your stated start time unless it is significantly different. If it is significantly different, you entry will be tossed and disqualified, no questions asked.

You will not be able to see the puzzle until you click the get started button! Once you click that button, you will be taken to a new page with the puzzle like normal. There is a PDF file you can print out if you want. I would HIGHLY suggest you bookmark the page since if you close your browser to work on the printed version, you will not be able to get back to the puzzle without filling out the registration form again. If something happens and you forgot to bookmark the page, go ahead and fill out the form again and I will disregard the second entry. Please don't make it harder on me by depending on this, though!

Once you complete the puzzle, there is an entry form at the bottom. It only has a place for your IAP Username (I already have your address info for prize distribution), your proof of completion code, and the date and time. The same caveats apply on entering the date and time here as mentioned above. Once you fill out the form and submit, you will be re-directed to a submission confirmation page and you will be all done!

You will have at least 24 hours to complete the puzzle.

**BONUS ROUND**
Those who are not one of the 13 competing for fame and glory and 1st through 3rd place prizes are encouraged to complete the puzzle and submit your entry! Anyone who completes this puzzle faster than the First place, Second place, or Third place winners will receive a box of Central Texas wood pen blanks from me!

So, get out there and have fun!

Last edited:

SteveJ

Its amazing how much time I am willing to spend on my day off in the hopes of winning something worth $70. I should have just gone out and turned those pens people are waiting for.

BSea

Hmmm. I don't know why it says may answers are wrong.

Can be picked: "Nose" but it says that's not correct.

Fit to be tied: "BSea" But it says that's wrong too. But for that one I'm positive.

Oh well, I'm just glad I got in the 50% drawing.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR TIMES!!! Remember, there are folks who may not have even started the puzzle yet so I don't want to discourage them. Let's let the final winner be a true surprise by not knowing or posting times. Thanks for your cooperation!

Cole Roberts

Not going to lie, after looking at this puzzle for 40 minutes, I am very happy I was able to luckily win something in the random, because this one will be my downfall. But it has been a blast and I look forward to at least trying to complete this puzzle tonight.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well... I solved it, but got pulled away (and had to reload from bookmark!!) after starting it so my time STUNK. Good luck to the others - its been FUN! I had a feeling the timed event was going to be my killer, but at least I keep a perfect score!

Oh, and just for fun - going to give Smitty another heart attack when he returns - Even though I'm 99% sure I'm out of the prize running I'm going to make a pen for him for his collection.

hewunch

Yep in order to get a good time on this one you are going to have to be sharper than Ed's skew.

PR_Princess

Well... I solved it, but got pulled away (and had to reload from bookmark!!) after starting it so my time STUNK. Good luck to the others - its been FUN! I had a feeling the timed event was going to be my killer, but at least I keep a perfect score!

For now...but just wait till next year!!!! It's the first time I have done one of these...Now I have a whole year to study up!!! :biggrin::tongue:

Top Bottom