Almost Daily Puzzler Random Drawing Winners announced!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Hello Puzzlers!

I will be beginning the tie breaker sudden death challenge shortly to determine the winners of First through Third place in the Daily Puzzler Contest. However, if you recall the prize thread, I committed to sending a box of Central Texas wood blanks to 3 random participants that had at least 50% of the required points. What I am gong to do is go ahead with that drawing. Then, if any of the random winners happens to also be one of the 1st through 3rd place winners, I will go on to the next person on the randomized list and the 1st through 3rd place winner will received bonus blanks in their box of blanks that they will already be getting for winning. Make sense? It does to me!

Anyway, here is the list of puzzlers who have a least 50% of the available points. There were 16 total points available so anyone with 8 or more points are eligible for the drawing.

I will post back soon with the randomized list of potential winners pending final outcome of the sudden death challenge.

IAP Username Points
Alphageek 16
Cole Roberts 16
fitty 16
hewunch 16
karl_99 16
mrcook4570 16
rholiday 16
RichF 16
SMJ1957 16
THarvey 16
Twist-Ed 16
UKpenmaker 16
Wooden_Pen_Turner_11 16
AKBeaver 15
gwilki 15
The Penguin 15
alankulwicki7 14
sparhawk 14
hunter-27 13
Mack C. 13
philb 12
Tage 12
Chuck Key 11
randywa 11
tim self 11
kronewi 10.5
AKPenTurner 10
BarryE 10
Mason Kuettel 10
Smitty37 9.5
ken69912001 9
markgum 9
micharms 9
jeweler53 8.5
BSea 8
longbeard 8
Spiderman 8

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, that was quick! I did a copy and paste of all the names above and input them into Random.org's list randomizer in the order shown above (does not make a difference what order they are in since the software randomizes them anyway!). Here is what it spit out for me:

1. tim self
  2. Cole Roberts
  3. micharms
  4. hunter-27
  5. RichF
  6. kronewi
  7. Spiderman
  8. philb
  9. THarvey
  10. The Penguin
  11. hewunch
  12. fitty
  13. BSea
  14. gwilki
  15. rholiday
  16. Twist-Ed
  17. Smitty37
  18. UKpenmaker
  19. sparhawk
  20. randywa
  21. Tage
  22. ken69912001
  23. longbeard
  24. karl_99
  25. BarryE
  26. Mason Kuettel
  27. Chuck Key
  28. markgum
  29. Alphageek
  30. AKPenTurner
  31. SMJ1957
  32. Wooden_Pen_Turner_11
  33. AKBeaver
  34. jeweler53
  35. alankulwicki7
  36. Mack C.
  37. mrcook4570
So...Congratulation to TimSelf, Cole Roberts, and micharms as the tentative winners of the random drawing! Each will receive a box of Central Texas wood pen blanks with at least one Texas Hybrid™. Now, since Cole Roberts is in the sudden death challenge, if he happens to place 1st through 3rd, then he will be removed from this list and Hunter-27 will take his place since he is next on the list. Don't worry, if Cole wins one of the places, his box of blanks bonus from me will have some extra special stuff in it or he will have the option to receive 2 standard boxes of blanks, one for winning 1st through 3rd and one for being a random winner! Of course, if Cole does win 1-3, he will also receive the real prize according to what place he wins!

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Oh yeah, one more thing...the list of prizes shows that one random winner will be selected from everyone who participated but did not place. I will do that drawing after the sudden death challenge tie breaker. The winner will receive their choice of a box of Central Texas wood blanks with at least one Texas Hybrid™ or a $25 gift certificate to TurnTex Woodworks.

gwilki

I want a recount!! I bet there there were dimpled chads or something going on here.
:) :) :)

Seriously, though, thank you Curtis for all your hard work. It was great fun.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I want a recount!! I bet there there were dimpled chads or something going on here.
:) :) :)

Seriously, though, thank you Curtis for all your hard work. It was great fun.

I don't know Chad, and I have no interest in knowing anything about his dimples.

Thanks Curtis (and Dawn)..... I'm afraid to open the other thread with the tiebreaker because I need to find dedicated time to work on it. Multitasking won't work to my advantage like it usually does! :cool:

Top Bottom