2/3/13--How about a crossword puzzle this time!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
A new puzzle has be created for the Almost Daily Puzzler! You can find it here: The Almost Daily Puzzler

This one is a crossword puzzle similar to the ones that were posted over the last couple of years. The concept of puzzles in the bash started with crosswords and was the brainchild of Landon (Hunter-27). Thanks Landon for getting the ball rolling 2 years ago with the puzzles!

Some statistics for you thus far:

Total completions of puzzle 1: 33
Total completions of puzzle 2: 69
Total completions of both puzzles: 29

Based on these numbers, 4 of the folks who did the first puzzle did not do the second puzzle while 40 new members did the second puzzle.

Be sure to keep looking in this forum for new puzzle announcements. You will always have at least 24 hours from the time I announce the puzzle until the next puzzle is put up. However, sometimes it may be longer between puzzles.

A little hint for you...familiarize yourself with how to subscribe to a forum...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kronewi

Terry, I had a problem with the dates too. Then I realized what I was doing as the search showed me the format it was looking for. Not the way I normally write a date either.

terryf

Terry, I had a problem with the dates too. Then I realized what I was doing as the search showed me the format it was looking for. Not the way I normally write a date either.

No its not that - the timelines seem to change the date on which someone registered. eg, puzzle clue is for someone registered on the 10th of July 1964 but when I search I need to look for 11th July 1964.

I can only assume it has something to do with the timelines. I remember this problem from last year but can't remember what the solution was, if any.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I found 3 :) I'm also very glad that you guys are able to solve it with the little glitches in it.

This is one of the best types of puzzles IMO because you have to learn how to use search functions on the site. (Although some of us who are on here all the time know a few more answers than most w/o having to look them up).

Poor Curtis is going to have a full inbox today!

kronewi

Yes, this was quite fun at learning to search the site. I also learned an area where the search function is lacking, at least the way I was doing it...

I love these puzzles! Keep them coming Curtis!!!!

I found 3 :) I'm also very glad that you guys are able to solve it with the little glitches in it.

This is one of the best types of puzzles IMO because you have to learn how to use search functions on the site. (Although some of us who are on here all the time know a few more answers than most w/o having to look them up).

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Errors

Would you guys please send me a PM with the errors you found? I provided Curtis with this puzzle and would like to know what I messed up.
Thanks

THarvey

I did not count a date difference.

mbroberg

Thanks to those who replied. Let me give a couple of hints to overcome the mistakes I made.

I had thee errors pointed out to me. One involves the Physical Therapist who joined on 1/1/13. The person who contacted me apparently sees the date as 12/31/12. I double checked in two different places and still see the join date of this member as 1/1/13. The person who advised me of this lives one time zone west of me.

The second error is about the Texan with the most posts. I came up with the answer by going to Member List>Search Members> Advanced Search>In "Location" write Texas>Search Now>Click on "Posts" so they will list in descending order. The perswon I have as the answer appears #1. However, if you go to member list and click on posts so they list in descending order, then go down the list until you find the first Texan it is someone different. That is because he listed his location as TX. So my search for Texas didn't pick him up. I learned something!!! The correct clue should be the Texan with the 2nd most posts.

Lastly is a spelling error on my part. The user name of the author of the Library Article about Thin Custom Finials has an "o" as the second to last letter of his name. I incorectly gave it to Curtis as an "e".

Sorry for the confusion. I just sent Curtis another puzzle. I'd better triple check it. :eek:

terryf

Mike

Heres the one that got me.

I had thee errors pointed out to me. One involves the Physical Therapist who joined on 1/1/13. The person who contacted me apparently sees the date as 12/31/12. I double checked in two different places and still see the join date of this member as 1/1/13. The person who advised me of this lives one time zone west of me.

Attachments

• date_IAP.jpg
    date_IAP.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 164

mbroberg

Mike

Heres the one that got me.

There is definitely problems with the dates.

I guess all the clues that are dependent on a date should end with "give or take a day".

crabcreekind

Swedish member with the mosts posts. I have been through the list like 100 times and cant find anyone from sweden. Or ends with the right letters.

Top Bottom