2/23/13 New jigsaw available

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have just uploaded a new jigsaw puzzle for your enjoyment! This one has 81 pieces and you will have to do some digging to find the completion code! I have also disabled the gallery button so you will no longer be able to pre-view the picture.

I hope you guys are not getting bored with the same old puzzles over and over again! I searched the net tonight for 2 hours looking for scripts or software that would allow me to create and upload some new types of puzzles to no avail. Sorry for the lack of variety! I keep coming up with ideas to make it harder but you guys are just too damn smart and seem to always thwart my best efforts!

Thank you for participating thus far and allowing me the fun of creating these for you! They have been a huge success so far with over 525 entries to date!

There will be a few more coming up before the bash and then I have a special tie breaker planned for those at the top of the pile! Stay tuned!

The link for those who don't have the contest entry form site bookmarked: The Almost Daily Puzzler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

glad my pager went off :confused: :confused: and while waiting on the system to come back up....
I had something to do..:rolleyes:
THANKS CURTIS..:biggrin:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Curtis

Do we have to have the link under the puzzle on the right?

Ive clicked on it twice now and then have to start from scratch :(

Yep, it has to be there as part of the license agreement from the fellow that wrote the script. I am not supposed to remove it and since the script was free, I think it is only fair to leave it for him.

THarvey

Didn't realize the gallery button gave a preview of the completed puzzle. Doh!!!

Curtis, all the puzzle entries have been 1:00-2:30 in the morning. Do you ever sleep? You are beginning to look like the Energizer Bunny.

SteveJ

I'm down to one teenager, but she is off at college. Next one turns 13 in August.

Having been through four teenagers (now all married) and now over 55, I'd say those additional birthdays was worse for me.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well, I might still have a perfect score, but I found this one tougher than either the inky crossword or the last word search.

Just curious - which part was hard.... the puzzle pieces or finding the pen maker?

Took me longer to put the puzzle together (lots of grey), but I knew the maker and remembered the pen - so that was easy. There is one advantage to being on here all the time :)

terryf

Curtis

Do we have to have the link under the puzzle on the right?

Ive clicked on it twice now and then have to start from scratch :(

Yep, it has to be there as part of the license agreement from the fellow that wrote the script. I am not supposed to remove it and since the script was free, I think it is only fair to leave it for him.

No need to explain Curtis - just venting my frustration and I have to do it here otherwise the wife will whip out the rolling pin :biggrin:

SteveJ

Well, I might still have a perfect score, but I found this one tougher than either the inky crossword or the last word search.

Just curious - which part was hard.... the puzzle pieces or finding the pen maker?

Took me longer to put the puzzle together (lots of grey), but I knew the maker and remembered the pen - so that was easy. There is one advantage to being on here all the time :)

I never did find the picture on the IAP site. I have no idea what I would have had to search for. I didn't know the type of kits in the picture, hadn't seen anyone post pens from different makers in the SOYP forum, so I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a picture of the pen in question much less identifying who made it.

Still, I shouldn't complain - it's all in fun and it's too cold to turn in my garage.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Might just as well have just posted the picture and said find the proof of completion - I think I got it but it was harder than the puzzle for anyone who doesn't happen to be a picture hound.....even then it could have been a challenge for people with memories like mine....

Don't get old.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Might just as well have just posted the picture and said find the proof of completion - I think I got it but it was harder than the puzzle for anyone who doesn't happen to be a picture hound.....even then it could have been a challenge for people with memories like mine....

Don't get old.

I am not a picture hound by any means and I found it when I picked this puzzle pretty quickly and easily. Remember, most of the pics are from either SOYP or the featured pens gallery. This one was from the featured pens. From there, it is just a little detective work.

And Smitty, to answer the question you posed on the entry form...

I wonder if the objective is to solve the puzzle or figure out the proof of completion.
It is both. See the synopsis of the contest that was posted in the original thread:

This should be a fun contest where you will get to know penmaking terms and words as well as familiarizing yourself with your fellow penmaker's featured photos. Remember, the more you participate, the better your chances of winning a prize will be!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Don't get old.

I am not a picture hound by any means and I found it when I picked this puzzle pretty quickly and easily. Remember, most of the pics are from either SOYP or the featured pens gallery. This one was from the featured pens. From there, it is just a little detective work.

And Smitty, to answer the question you posed on the entry form...

I wonder if the objective is to solve the puzzle or figure out the proof of completion.
It is both. See the synopsis of the contest that was posted in the original thread:

This should be a fun contest where you will get to know penmaking terms and words as well as familiarizing yourself with your fellow penmaker's featured photos. Remember, the more you participate, the better your chances of winning a prize will be!
Maybe next year we can add a catigory -- "guess what the secret puzzle will be" and make it so secret that even the coordinator won't be allowed to know....like my mother's secret Cherry Pie recipe that even the baker didn't know.:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I held onto my perfect score......0 I still enjoy the Puzzles. They have been a great addition to the bash.

Top Bottom