I am getting a complex! Your entries needed!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
As the sponsor of this contest, I am starting to get a complex! No one wants to win any of the prizes I donated?:eek::)

There are currently 17 entries in the photo contest. The shop/shop life category, which was one of the most popular in years past, only has 3 entries! Pen marketing photos, which would include just about all photos that are submitted to SOYP, only has 6 entries.

I believe the deadline is less than 2 days away! Please don't give me a complex!:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Too many RULES or directions as it's stated for there being "no rules". The contest just isn't fun in my opinion and has too many restrictions that have me as a "Pass."

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I tried to upload a picture and it said file size exceeds the limit 256k My picture is 231k Guess I will have to cut it in half and upload both halves:laugh:.

allisnut

I'm in, not sure I fully understand the shop life category but that didn't stop me from submitting a photo. Thanks for sponsering the contest!

raar25

Not really sure I understand the contest, but I might take a stab a picture while the wife is watching American Idol tonight. Of course I would rather poke myself with a sharp stick in the eye than watch American Idol.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Curtis, I was going to have a go for fun, but I discovered that I'd break two of the rules in the 'No Stinkin Rules' Contest.
1. I honestly can't remember if the pic I have has been seen before
2. My town and State aren't in my profile.

One thing that might be slowing the entries down is 'incentive':wink:
As the prizes are not listed, no one knows what to aim for.
I know that someone will come on and say something like the prize doesn't matter and it's the taking part that counts. But back in real life, if the prizes look good then people will enter. :wink:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Isn't Wales small enough that "in a skip in Wales" count as a town and state. :biggrin:

Chris, you'd think so, wouldn't you? :) LOL

I actually couldn't find a pen contest that I did qualify for. ( not just because of my profile ) There was one that took my fancy, but I found I was subliminally exclusively excluded from that one too.
Maybe next year's Bash won't be so restrictive. :)

Btw: This reply would normally have smilies attached, but you can't select them on a Kindle :)

Bob Wemm

Curtis, I wonder if people are having the same problem s with the "recapture" codes?????
I just submitted another entry, and had to Retype the whole entry form and upload the photos because I got the code wrong. My first entry took me 5 or 6 tries before I got the code correct.
Maybe they are giving up in frustration??????
Bob.
PS, I must be retarded or something?

toddlajoie

I got 9 more entries since yesterday (Yeeehaw!!!) Haven't looked through them to see what was entered where yet, but before these we had:

Marketing Photos - 13 entries
Shop Life - 8 Entries
No Rules - 9 Entries

Obviously with these new entries those numbers will go up but you have a bit more time to get your entries in!!!!

I also need to take some of the blame for not posting the Prizes, to be honest, it just didn't cross my mind...

Top Bottom