Votes: 57 34.1%
  • pen 6

Votes: 29 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Normally I would have 5 choices but we had a lot of entries and some diversity from the judges on the final pen. So I am allowing a 6th pen in the final judging

I have to say that I am very pleased with the amount of participation and the overall results of the contest. I am honored so many of you took the time to make a pen with your child.

The 6 pens to choose from are

#1 Pen #1
2-3-13%20072%204.jpg

#2 Pen #3
Youth-1a.jpg

#3 Pen #10
sa2.jpg

#4 Pen #11
DBD%20Thuya%202.jpg

#5 #pen #13
P2160369.JPG

#6 #pen #17
DSC_0005.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have some great pens made by some great kids, Make sure you vote for your favorite one.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Make sure you hit the like buttons on the pens that make you say "wow a child made that?" Also leave a word of encouragement to the kids for their hard work.

It was hard to choose.
Thanks, parents, for teaching your children this art! That's what got me, and probably most of the guys on IAP, started.
Very nice job, kids!!!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
As you vote when you can finally decide on which one. Make sure you leave a note of encouragement, they all did a super job.

Haynie

There is the possibility that I will be labeled a namby pamby bleeding heart for making this comment. I think they all deserve something for their efforts. to heck with the voting. Seriously. Too many kids do nothing creative, nothing with their hands, and think the internet is the end all be all of existence. These kids didn't do that. They MADE something tangible.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This is the contest that most interested me from all the others in the Birthday Bash. :biggrin: You guys are the ones that will take this hobby into the future and also bring new ideas and skills to show us oldies. :biggrin:
I would have prefered to have chosen my favourite from ALL the entries rather than only those pre-selected. But hey..

But having said that, there are indeed some very special pens there and most could easily put some of our more experienced turners to shame.

A very big congratulations to all that entered, you are all winners in my book!!:cool: I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pens in the future.
Well done!!:good::good::good:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Believe it or not I usually am dead set against participation ribbons. "You showed up you get a ribbon". I had a hard time not wanting to give them all a prize for showing up here. Mainly because they didnt just show up, they showed up in force with great pens and attitudes.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would have liked to have more options for voting also. Unfortunatly the software isnt set up that way. I asked. You can have "choose one" or choose as many as there are choices. I couldnt set it up to choose three or what ever.

walshjp17

All display a great effort. It was hard choosing just one.

Congratulations to all who participated. I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all can do without a contest in the wings.

Keep up the good work, girls and guys.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IF your child does not have a pen in the final 6 you may post them in the soyp forum any time now. Pictures of the child and pen would be wonderful.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The Poll ends Monday night at 11:10 please take the time this weekend to vote if you already havent. We have some great talent in our young turners.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This poll will close at 11:07 est still plenty of time to get your vote in if you havent already.

Make sure to leave a note of support for the kids.

Top Bottom