Question for Feb. 18

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome to day 18 of the trivia contest.

Question for day 18, In the article "behind the nib, nib adjustment", you should examine the tines and make sure they are on the same plane and...

Email your answers to trivia@penturners.org And be sure to put the date for the question in the subject line and your forum name in the main section.

Good luck and happy hunting. Remember, you have until 12 noon ET to answer the question. You can only submit 1 answer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm glad this contest isn't done in a school room setting. I would have to make all you class clowns stand in corners in shifts because I would have run out of corners a long time ago. :biggrin:
Please - we do not make unruly students stand in corners - we have advanced to the "timeout" where we make them sit at their desk for 5 minutes without being unruly. And if they are still unruly we send them to the principals office to spend 5 minutes in timeout. If they don't respond positively to that we call their nanny or baby sitter and have them come put them in timeout. It that doesn't work the nanny or baby sitter reports them to their parents in two weeks when the parents get back from their world tour.

THarvey

I'm glad this contest isn't done in a school room setting. I would have to make all you class clowns stand in corners in shifts because I would have run out of corners a long time ago. :biggrin:
Please - we do not make unruly students stand in corners - we have advanced to the "timeout" where we make them sit at their desk for 5 minutes without being unruly. And if they are still unruly we send them to the principals office to spend 5 minutes in timeout. If they don't respond positively to that we call their nanny or baby sitter and have them come put them in timeout. It that doesn't work the nanny or baby sitter reports them to their parents in two weeks when the parents get back from their world tour.

Your childhood must have been very different from mine. My parents were called after the first round. Their version of "time out" did not involve sitting, it made sitting more difficult. :bulgy-eyes:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Your childhood must have been very different from mine. My parents were called after the first round. Their version of "time out" did not involve sitting, it made sitting more difficult. :bulgy-eyes:
Oh, I wasn't talking about my childhood - I was talking about today.

I went to school in the 1940s and 50s when the law gave teachers parental authority and in elementary school they administered punishment as they saw fit which included corporal punishment. If I got spanked I surely did not want that to get back to my parents. My state recently passed a law prohibiting even parents from spanking their children.

If I got in trouble in high school usually the teacher just had to say "LeRoy, do you want me to call your parents?" I would say "Now there's no reason to get them involved in this, why don't you decide on how to settle the matter."

markgum

Smitty37.... you forgot to get the counselor called in to do an evaluation to make sure the student hasn't had a traumatic experience that may cause this out burst...

my how things have changed,,, my day the parents would have been called at the first instance of misbehavior; and I would have a preset appointment with the belt when I got home.....
But with Teacher Chris he will just give us a more difficult question probably dreamed up by that evil crossword queen PR Princess.....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Smitty37.... you forgot to get the counselor called in to do an evaluation to make sure the student hasn't had a traumatic experience that may cause this out burst...

my how things have changed,,, my day the parents would have been called at the first instance of misbehavior; and I would have a preset appointment with the belt when I got home.....
But with Teacher Chris he will just give us a more difficult question probably dreamed up by that evil crossword queen PR Princess.....
Well my kids have been out of college for 20 years so I'm not fully up to date...

Bob Wemm

I threw a rolled up piece of paper at the kid in front of me, missed and hit the teacher.
I couldn,t sit for a week and had welts on my legs and butt for months. Parents were not involved until I got home.
The good old days.
Bob.

Russianwolf

tree = 3
nadset makes it a "teen"

Russian

tree nad set

three over ten

Yup.

When I googled treenadset to see what it was there was only one match. It looked like a website to find a russian bride. They were describing how to interpret someone's age. A little creepy they were in the low teens:eek:.

Well, we used to marry them off that young too WAAYYYYYYYYYY BBBBAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKK. but yeah, kinda weird to see. Maybe that's the new work-around for adoptions since they stopped them. :tongue:

just looked, I don't think thats a russian bride site...... think you may have stumbled onto something MUCH worse.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Feb 18 WINNERS

[FONT=&quot]Feb 18 winners are:

[/FONT]
jmbaker79
and
sparhawk
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Question for day 18 - In the article "behind the nib, nib adjustment", you should examine the tines and make sure they are on the same plane and...
Answer - that they are very slightly separated

There were 57 participants and they were assigned the number that their entry was received
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in. The two random numbers generated were 44 and 55

Ed will be along shortly to post today's prizes.

[/FONT]Again congratulations to:[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
jmbaker79
and
sparhawk

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
tree = 3
nadset makes it a "teen"

Russian

tree nad set

three over ten

Yup.

When I googled treenadset to see what it was there was only one match. It looked like a website to find a russian bride. They were describing how to interpret someone's age. A little creepy they were in the low teens:eek:.

Well, we used to marry them off that young too WAAYYYYYYYYYY BBBBAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKK. but yeah, kinda weird to see. Maybe that's the new work-around for adoptions since they stopped them. :tongue:

just looked, I don't think thats a russian bride site...... think you may have stumbled onto something MUCH worse.
Really not that far back. My great-grand neice who is about 25 or so today got married at 17.

lyonsacc

Really not that far back. My great-grand neice who is about 25 or so today got married at 17.[/quote]

LMOL's grandma was 13 when she married grandpa (age 21). Had their first son at age 14. They were from Hazard County Kentucky.

jmbaker79

Nice! Been missing answering a few the last couple of days! Never say never! Thanks to all envolved!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
On the 18th day, the prizes are #43 and #217

#43 is a $25 gift certificate from Woodturningz!!! The IAP thanks Ryan and his staff for their donation this year, just as they have for many years!! Woodturningz is a Penn State reseller as well as a manufacturer of Inlace acrylester.

#217 is the SECOND box of blanks from member Kronewi!! The IAP thanks Kevin for the donations!!!

Ok, first guy to reply gets his choice!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Really not that far back. My great-grand neice who is about 25 or so today got married at 17.

LMOL's grandma was 13 when she married grandpa (age 21). Had their first son at age 14. They were from Hazard County Kentucky.[/QUOTE] When I was in school any number of states had legal age to marry (usually with parental permission) quite low. If I'm not mistaken it was 14 in PA. where I grew up.

jmbaker79

Nice thanks guys! Ed I will hit up that gift cert, I'm sure I need something! Plus the wife screamed "no!" over blanks, must think I have too many!

Top Bottom