Creative Mug Shots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Creative MUG SHOTS!

This is different than other photo contests. These photos are to be a little more, "Special".

Where in the world are IAP Mugs?

What are IAP Mugs doing?

Who are IAP Mugs hanging out with?

How do I play?

Donate $50.00 to the IAP and receive a Limited Edition 9th Anniversary Coffee Mug or Pencil Cup.
(or use a previous edition IAP mug or pencil cup)

Take a creative, unique photograph of your mug or cup. Use your imagination. It could be in a unique setting such as at a notable or historic location. Do you happen to know someone famous? Take a picture of him or her holding the cup. Or, if you are a loner who doesn't know anyone and/or a shut in who doesn't go anywhere, make a creative photo using Photoshop. Special effects are allowed. As long as the primary subject of the photo is the IAP mug or cup the photo is eligible. Captions are encouraged.

There are really not many rules to this except for:​

PLEASE KEEP THE PHOTOS TASTEFUL.
This is a family site.

Photos are not to be posted directly to the site. Photos must be submitted by using the entry form, which is located here.

Creative Mug Shots Entry Form

If you post your photo directly to the site we will all laugh at your photo and admire your imagination but we won't be voting on your photo for the chance to win fabulous prizes.

Only submit one photo per entry. Members may enter up to three times.

Entries will be accepted until 2/16. On 2/17 I will post all the photos in a poll so the top three can be awarded prizes. Until I know how many photos are received I do not know how many polls will be necessary. The poll will be closed on 2/23. Winners will be announced on 2/24.

Prizes are to be determined.

Let's see what kind of "situations" an IAP Mug can be found in!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

Not too many entries yet. As more mugs get delivered I expect the entries to increase. Let's see how much imagination you have!!

mbroberg

Feel free to use one from a previous year.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forum Runner

76winger

Can I enter the one that was rejected last year because I prematurely posted to the forum instead of reading the rules? ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mike, I wish I had read this earlier, about using previous mugs. I would have brought one with me. I'm not allowed my own camera here, but could have got one of the local guys with authorised cameras to take a pic with it on the conning tower of a nuclear Trident submarine.
I'm at Faslane Naval sub base in Scotland. Only here till the morning though.
Might be able to get another cool shot before the deadline, hopefully.

Geesh, just thinking about this past weekend.....I could have got a pic with a mug next to a real 2nd WW Inigma decoding machine as they have a couple on display where I was working in Gloucester.

Hopefully, I'll be somewhere interesting before the deadline!! :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Andrew, the Inigma is apparently the most famous only because of the movies.
There are much more important ones that were given boring names that really turned the tables. I only go there every couple of years for maintenance but I promise that I'll post pics next time. :)

mbroberg

Mike, I wish I had read this earlier, about using previous mugs. I would have brought one with me. I'm not allowed my own camera here, but could have got one of the local guys with authorised cameras to take a pic with it on the conning tower of a nuclear Trident submarine.
I'm at Faslane Naval sub base in Scotland. Only here till the morning though.
Might be able to get another cool shot before the deadline, hopefully.

Geesh, just thinking about this past weekend.....I could have got a pic with a mug next to a real 2nd WW Inigma decoding machine as they have a couple on display where I was working in Gloucester.

Hopefully, I'll be somewhere interesting before the deadline!! :)

I would have liked to seen that.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Are we allowed to enter more than one picture?
Edit in: Never mind. I guess I should read the rules closer than just scan them.:redface:

Last edited:

mbroberg

Keep the entries coming folks. We only have about 5 so far. I've been getting a good laugh out of the pictures that have come in so far. I think everyone will really enjoy the "unveiling" when the poll is opened.

mbroberg

Tomorrow is the last day to submit entries to the Creative Mug Shot contest. We have some good entries so far. Keep them coning!

Steve Busey

Dang it - was just checking in today to see how to enter a Mug Shot, and it's already closed for submissions!

Oh well, I guess I'll wait until next year...

...And, some nice entries here!

Top Bottom