Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
<div id="container" style="width:850px">
<div id="header" style="background-color:#FFFFFF;"></div>
<div id="menu" style="height:420px;width:220px;float:left;">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.penturners.org/milonic/milonic_src.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.penturners.org/milonic/mmenudom.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://content.penturners.org/library/menu_poll.js"></script><script src="http://www.penturners.org/milonic/tooltips.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://content.penturners.org/library/mm_siteIndex.js" type="text/javascript"></script></div>
<div id="content" style="background-color:none;height:200px;width:580px;float:left;padding:20px">
<FONT SIZE=3>It's time to acknowledge those who have taken the time to prepare and submit an article for the IAP Library.</FONT>
<P>
<FONT SIZE=3>If you have enjoyed the articles that were posted in 2012, please take the time to vote for your favorite article and author in this poll.</FONT>
<P>
<FONT SIZE=3>Any article that was submitted and placed in the Library during 2012 will be eligible. Those articles that are eligible are listed on the left.</FONT>
<P>
<FONT SIZE=3>This contest was open on Feb 1, 2013 and will close on Feb. 27, 2013 at 06:00 pm CST without exception. The winners will be revealed Feb. 28, 2013. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places. </FONT></div>
<div id="footer" style="background-color:#FFFFFF;clear:both;text-align:center;"></div></div>

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

44 votes. Come on folks.

Listen, I know I do not write tutorials in order to "play" in this contest. However, it is a nice bonus. If only a handful of you vote, this might lead some to think their efforts are not appreciated. So, please, do your civic duty! I'm hewunch and I approved this message :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hans, I've already voted but if you speak to the Powers That Be and ask them to press a couple of buttons, then I'd gladly vote again and again and again.:biggrin:

I must admit that the single vote choice makes it very difficult as this past year there have been many outstanding tutorials.

hewunch

Hans, I've already voted but if you speak to the Powers That Be and ask them to press a couple of buttons, then I'd gladly vote again and again and again.:biggrin:

I must admit that the single vote choice makes it very difficult as this past year there have been many outstanding tutorials.

Skip you bring up a good point. One that I am not sure how exactly to fix. Also one that I am not sure is a real problem, maybe just a potential one. Say in a given year you had one article that stood out from the rest. And then you had 5 articles that were well written, but not quite up to the first article's level. The resulting vote may very well be one with 20 votes and 5 with 4 votes. Whereas, if we were somehow able to vote for our top 3 (and order them 1,2,3) then the outcome might be more in line with the overall wishes of the group.

Vote and vote often. It is the Chicago way.
As a former Chicagoian, I would say, that hits a little too close to home.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I see there are 15 2012 tuts to vote on. I know I have read a few of them, how many I'm uncertain.

To vote meaningfully I should read them all. 5 minutes each? I could peruse them quickly, then vote but that wouldn't be with my head.

I spend too friggin much time in front of the computer as it is. I don't think I can take another 1 1/2 hrs today at least.

That's not to say I'm unappreciative of the tuts and those that take the time to write them.

I wish there was some other way than voting. Best is a very subjective opinion. You can't vote for best unless you have read them all.

And best will only be the one that provided me with information that I didn't previously know!

Last edited:

hewunch

I see there are 15 2012 tuts to vote on. I know I have read a few of them, how many I'm uncertain.

To vote meaningfully I should read them all. 5 minutes each? I could peruse them quickly, then vote but that wouldn't be with my head.

I spend too friggin much time in front of the computer as it is. I don't think I can take another 1 1/2 hrs today at least.

That's not to say I'm unappreciative of the tuts and those that take the time to write them.

I wish there was some other way than voting. Best is a very subjective opinion. You can't vote for best unless you have read them all.

And best will only be the one that provided me with information that I didn't previously know!

Plan for next year, read tutorials as they are posted so as to not have to read them all at once.:)

TomW

I had considered changing the contest to "best contributor for year xxx" but didn't see the need while I was working on the library. I'm excited about the contributions and the future outlook..

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom