Wood Storage?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Nice job there Alfred, that is something along the lines of what I am thinking about putting togather. Any input as to why you used diffrent sized holes? Is it just because you keep more types of one wood at a time??

With my design, I plan to make a series of 1/4" dado's in the top & bottom shelves and use a series of hardboard divders so I can custom set the width as I see fit. The main "box" will probably be 5" x 5" with a dado every 2.5" so I can make it 5" x 2.5" or kick it up to 5" x 7.5" and up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Hi,

The vertical divider are just "sqweezed in" so i can move them from left to right easyly to change the size of the hole according to the number of blank i have for each wood type. Two little pieces of felt glued to top and bottom of the divider do the job and make it "sqeeze fit" in place. No need to make dado cuts in the board (i'm leasy[8D]). I'll take few closer and detailed shots and post them here for you this afternoon.

Alfred

arioux

Wow,

Did'nt know that this simple set up would create interest.
Thanks for the emails i got for more info.

Made of 1/2" and 1/4" inches mdf

I uses a pegboard as a gauge for the hole in the side.

Here are some closer shots

Simple hole and peg to hold the horizontal shelves

2007324151730_shelf1.jpg
<br />

Vertical parts are just sqeezed in so no dado slots needed. A little piece of felt glued to top and bottom of divider helps keep it stiff fit.

2007324151850_shelf2.jpg
<br />

This way, i can make the slots the size i need according to my current stock and keep my blanks organized. The bundles with taped and rubber bands reflect my old way of keeping them. Boy that was a mess[xx(]

2007324152253_shelf3.jpg
<br />

Now i know that most of you "voyeur" have more eyes for the blanks than the shelving but that's ok. Glad i could give something
back to this site after all the idea that i stoled form it[:D]

Alfred

eastbay

I live in TN where the humidity changes so much. The wood I turn is acclimated and at that point in the year if the wood is 18% mc from the humidity it has never been a problen for me. By the time the pen is at its final and its time to sand the small amounts of friction will completly dry the blank and it will take the finish. I just store all the non stabilized on the shelf. no bags, boxes nothing to be in the way. Cheers East bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom