what is the use of these....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmanship

Are they only for shipping/protecting the nib assembly, or do they have another purpose.......? I have only made a few hundred pen's & never really gave them another thought.

TIA,
Tim

Attachments

• DSCF2504.jpg
    DSCF2504.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

oh, i just had to use one of those for a cigar fountain pen earlier. the set i had, uses it for a tension type hold on the cap. not a screw cap, but it's just pressed on and it kinda hugs the nib.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Pics won't do you any good.

The piece goes into cap (screws on a post that comes off the clip holding piece) and serves to hold the cap on the pen. When properly placed, you can't see it.

Turned Around

Pics won't do you any good.

The piece goes into cap (screws on a post that comes off the clip holding piece) and serves to hold the cap on the pen. When properly placed, you can't see it.

that is true. but be careful, they crack easily. and if it cracks, it won't grip the nib. and be careful with the assmebly itself, if put in too far, it won't catch the nib and the cap just falls off. which reminds me, i need another one.... haha

DonWood

Does anybody know where you can purchase some of these. I have cracked some during assemble and need some replacements. Appreciate any info you have.

Don

lorbay

Does anybody know where you can purchase some of these. I have cracked some during assemble and need some replacements. Appreciate any info you have.

Don
Oh man, I have never botherd using these and I just threw 6 out. I will keep them from now on and publish when I have a few. Sorry
Lin.

penmanship

:eek: i also threw about about 15 or so that i've collected......(for no reason until now)

I'll hang on to them, and put them out there when I have some....

Don

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Don
Oh man, I have never botherd using these and I just threw 6 out. I will keep them from now on and publish when I have a few. Sorry
Lin.

You should NOT use them, unless you are making a "pull apart" design rollerball or fountain pen.

You don't use them with a twist off cap design

Top Bottom