super glue accelerator question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zombie7986

does anyone else know of any super glue accelerators that i can get at a hardware store? im looking around to see if there is a little more cost effective way than the small bottles at woodcraft.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

does anyone else know of any super glue accelerators that i can get at a hardware store? im looking around to see if there is a little more cost effective way than the small bottles at woodcraft.

I always buy from Wooden Wonders, they have great prices, and free shipping over $20, not only that but if you need it , they sell Accelerator by the gallon!

robutacion

Hey, I'm in Australia and I get my CA and accelerator from your Monty's (http://www.penturners.org/forum/member.php?u=1023) here, how's that for an economical choice...!!!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Oops... just notice that Jmhoff10500 was a little faster than me but, you got the same answer (some fellow...):)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

IPD_Mrs

Is there any truth to the rumor that acetone is the main ingredient in accelerator?

Andrew, The regular E-Z Bond accelerator is about 80% acetone. The mild has little to no acetone. The mild is almost identical to the Zap brand Kicker. In the furniture repair business they do not like to use the regular E-Z-Bond because it will screw up lacquer and poly finishes. For example old chair rungs frequently need to be re-glued. In the old days they would knock the chair apart, re-glue and clamp the chair for a day. With CA they now will use thin to seep down in the mortise, hold in place and spray the accelerator. Now a one day repair is done in 15 minutes.

Top Bottom