Seeing is believing - Reverse Painting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

I've learned a lot from the wise people at this site, including how color choice can affect the pen blank when doing reverse painting. What I hadn't seen was a side-to-side comparison photo. So... for all us newer guys, here's a perfect example. The blanks used are the 4-color opal pearl from Almalgam-Mutt Blanks (Pearl #11). Pic 1 is reverse painted in White, pic 2 is reverse painted in Black. Amazing difference!

Virage_Gold-4ColorOpal2_web.jpg Baron-Chrome_4ColorOpal2_web.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks Art.
A picture is worth a thousand words and two pictures are worth Four Thousand words! :good: :biggrin:

I like it when people take it upon themselves to experiment with ideas and then post results that can be SEEN. It is especially helpful to see contrasting scenarios.

Herb G

Way cool to see it up close like that. :cool:
I worked at a car repair shop when I got out of high school (among other jobs) for several years.
The paint master taught me the difference between using different base coats before shooting the colors.
He used a silver base coat for light colors, and a gold base coat for darker colors. Then the color is applied and the difference is amazing.

Top Bottom