Sanding belt cleaner - tip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RegisG

I know that the rolls/strips of sanding belts we use for pen making are not very expensive. But, you can get 3, 4 or 5 times the life out of them if you simply buy a sanding belt cleaner for about $6 or $7.
I keep one right on my lathe bench when sanding. A few swipes after every use and you're done. Lot faster than cutting new piece every time you turn around, and they last forever. Probably have had this one for 20-30 years.

Then, again, maybe everyone already uses one but, thought I'd post anyways!

I have overdone these strips though.

sanding1.jpeg

Regis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

I use abranet never clogs. Though I do have one of those sticks I bought over 25 years ago.

SteveG

The 'Eraser' is fairly large. I have cut mine in half, for use at multiple shop locations. (Hint: NOT a good idea to cut on the band saw...tends to grab. Razor knife will do the job.)

tomtedesco

A friend of mine showed me a tip using a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet. I have a 6in X6in piece on my bench next to the lathe and as paper gets loaded a quick swipe across the carpet cleans the sand paper.

RegisG

A friend of mine showed me a tip using a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet. I have a 6in X6in piece on my bench next to the lathe and as paper gets loaded a quick swipe across the carpet cleans the sand paper.

That's sure easy to try and sounds like it works.
Regis

jttheclockman

Use them all the time and I like the large ones because of my drum sander and belt sander. I just used one on a belt sander a couple minutes ago after I sanded a blank I made today and needed to square it. They are cheap enough and last a long time.

Top Bottom