Rollerball Springs.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

I just replaced a rollerball refill that was skipping. The little spring fell out and was lost.....I'm still hoping it will show up. Ever happen to any of you members. If even I can't hold on to that little critter, why should I expect my customers to be able to do so??? From now on, I am going to glue that little critter into the cap and hopefully avoid any future accidents!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy

Randy with the dot
When that happen to me, I went to Elliot's Hardware and looked through their small springs. Could not find the exact size but found one the correct diameter and cut it to length. There is a store in Dallas and one in Grapevine. Good luck.

Gary

I got a shipment of Ligeros the other day and two of them didn't even have a spring in the cap or kit.

Gary

Cheap at the office supply is +/- $2.99. I don't want to pay that for a spring.

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Should be able to find a cheapo pen with a parker insert that has a donor spring.

Randy_

Actually, I'm a bit of a pack rat and recycler. I rescue dead VCRs and computers from the Friday trash pile. On Sunday afternoon while watching the Cowboys loose to somebody, I disassemble those things and salvage all of the usable bits and pieces. I have quite a collection of small hardware and used computer parts including a spring that was just right to solve my problem. I actually made this post to find out what you folks thought about trying to eliminate the problem by gluing in the springs. Do you have a lot of customers come back looking for replacement springs or am I worrying about a "non-problem"?

PenWorks

Carefull about that Kirk, You may have to take the spring out if you want to convert a roller to a fountain. I do allot of that. Ussually a converter will not fit in the pen body if the spring is still inside.

Anthony

Rifleman1776

I got two pen kits from CCSUSA missing the tubes. When that happens, I don't hesitate to call and tell them. They will replace. And I am sure they don't like the trouble and expense of packing and shipping pennies worth of stuff. It sends a message and helps improve customer service. Plus, you paid for it, you are entitled to get your money's worth.

Originally posted by Gary
<br />I got a shipment of Ligeros the other day and two of them didn't even have a spring in the cap or kit.

While I am sure there may be an occasion that you would wish to change from roller ball to fountain pen. However I wouldn't worry about that. I put a drop of epoxy in the bottom of the end piece drop the spring in, push on it to seat it and let it set up. I don't know how long the epoxy holds the spring. Since most epoxy is somewhat flexible it will give a little when the spring is stressed and relieved. If I ever wanted the spring out, I would just get a small needle nose plier, what I use is medical forceps and pull it out.

Gary

I did call them, Frank. They took care of it them right away. They are good to deal with.

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />
I got two pen kits from CCSUSA missing the tubes. When that happens, I don't hesitate to call and tell them. They will replace. And I am sure they don't like the trouble and expense of packing and shipping pennies worth of stuff. It sends a message and helps improve customer service. Plus, you paid for it, you are entitled to get your money's worth.

Originally posted by Gary
<br />I got a shipment of Ligeros the other day and two of them didn't even have a spring in the cap or kit.

Randy_

Originally posted by Fred in NC
<br />I don't think I would sell a pen with a wad of paper inside!
Maybe a sponge spacer, or some other springy material.

Sponge....no. Other springy material.....maybe. Some sponge material has a tendency to deteriorate after time and won't offer as much resistance as a true spring. As for "other", guess that depends on what it is. If I were buying a pen and paying $30-$40 for it, I would expect to be getting a quality instrument throughout.....so that's what my customers will get......a sponge doesn't cut it for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom