Resawing a Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Cutting up a Mesquite Burl and sending part of it across the pond.
Here's a few pic's of how I cut one up.
Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 911
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turkey-slayer

Hey Gary, I'll take a slab of that Mesquite Burl. It should make for some nice pens or whatever else you want to turn. I've never tried to resaw burl wood of any kind simply because I probably wouldn't know where to get the best out of the burl.

Gary Max

Rolph that's one of the chances you take with a burl----no one knows what's inside.
I figure about 30% of the burl is lost just cutting it up between sawdust and scrap.
oh
PM sent

Jmhoff10500

I do mine a bit different and it sometimes leads to un uniform blanks (expecially after drying) thanks for the insight!

Gary Max

Manny this burl came from Dario's when he made the move and sold a bunch of he burl stock. It was trucked to Ky last year and has been sitting in my shop since.

I will not be offering any of this Burl for sale here at IAP----I am not going to become a target for hateful post by one of the other members who thinks they are running this site.

Robert A.

Glad you posted the pic's.I've got a bunch of cherry I need to cut.Just scored another NICE one last week.Gotta wait for the groud to dry out some to get it.

Top Bottom