plating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlmort1980

Ok, I dont know if this is the right forum or not. But I am looking for someone that can do gold plating! Does anyone know where I can get gold plating done?????

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Most Jewelry makers can do gold plating , they can plate brass or silver without too many problems . Most will do a triple plating of copper , nickel then gold for durability . A small part like a CB will cost you about $30 for a hardened gold plate . The problem is if you are going to use other kit parts the plating may not match in color .

jlmort1980

Most Jewelry makers can do gold plating , they can plate brass or silver without too many problems . Most will do a triple plating of copper , nickel then gold for durability . A small part like a CB will cost you about $30 for a hardened gold plate . The problem is if you are going to use other kit parts the plating may not match in color .

Well this pen will only have a centerband so I am not worried about the color. I would much rather find a CB with the OD of around .400" that I need instead of having to have one made but have not been so lucky yet.

jlmort1980

Some of the euro/designer kits use a centerband that has an outside diameter of .406 according to the bushing chart .

But I cant have the round over edge, I need to be flush on both ends and I think if I tried smoothing the edge square that I would ruin the finish. Unless you think that I could square that off without ruining the finish....

Cincinnati

You can turn one out of brass Or copper with standard woodworking tools. Then you get exactly what you want. Have the brass / copper plated afterwards. I'd make a dozen or so and get them plated in a batch.

mach9

I've got 5 gold center bands that came from "mini designer" kits. They measure .416" o.d. and are about .120" thick. If you think they'll work for you, PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

Top Bottom