Pen mills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

Just thought I'd add this litle bit of info .
I went to a "Buck" store and found a set of 8 metric drill bits for a buck and bought the set . They turned out to to be lousy for drilling holes but I've been able to re=work them for use with a pen mill.
I hand ground the ends (on a 6x3/4" grinder) to fit into the pen mill. The tubes all seem to be 1mm smaller inside than the O/D so a 6mm fits a 7mm tube , a 7mm fits an 8mm and a 9mm fits a 10mm tube .
While they don't look pretty , they all work great , I've already tried them out .
Could be an inexpensive way to get the right sizes for all your kits .

200512355238_Pen%20Mill%20-sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />At least of few of you must remember when they were five-and-dimes!
Gee thanks Lou.
I got up feeling young and full of P&Vinegar[:D], now I think I'll go back to bed.[:(]

BTW, the TSW arrived a couple of days ago. Thanks again.
ken

opfoto

Lou...
At 45, I remember the five and dimes as I passed them...They were all boarded up...now all we have those anythingferabuc stores!!! Story of my life... Woe... woe... woe.

Gregory Huey

5 and Dimes man thats pretty new. How about the General store. We had one where I grew up. One store did all--Post office, meat market , Cloths&Boots , Grocerys , Candy and home delivery. I work in one with my father when I was but a young pup. After a full days work in the store my dad would deliver your order to your home for 5 cents a box.

Fred in NC

General stores, and nothing prepackaged! I could buy 1-1/2 lbs of flour if I wanted. Or 7 eggs. Even in the hardware stores, today a lot of stuff is prepackaged. Some bolts come in bags of 3!!! I have to buy 2 bags to get 4 bolts, that are really worth 40 cents, and pay 2 bucks with the tax.

It is a matter of convenience .... yes, for the store !!!!

Gary

5 and Dime...overhead glass gasoline pumps (pump 5 gallons into the overhead glass reservoir then drain)...the old cotton gin...the telegraph operator who stood by track at the train station and held out the Y-shaped pole with the paper message attached, so the train engineer could snag it with his hand...the old soda fountain at the drug store...ah yes!

How about walking a mile and a half to the gas station, picking up discarded Frosty Root Beer bottles till you had five of them, turning them in for .02 each so you could get a cold one? Then because you didn't have that 6th bottle worth .02 for the deposit, you had to stand in the gas station and drink down the cold one. Then walk the mile and a half back home. And the days that you made that walk and only found two bottles and couldn't even get the cold one, just four penny jawbreakers?

G

Originally posted by Gregory Huey
<br />5 and Dimes man thats pretty new. How about the General store. We had one where I grew up. One store did all--Post office, meat market , Cloths&Boots , Grocerys , Candy and home delivery. I work in one with my father when I was but a young pup. After a full days work in the store my dad would deliver your order to your home for 5 cents a box.
Except for the delivery part I thought you were referring to Wal-Mart

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
For a nickel you could get a little brown paper bag full of penny candy..including licorice sticks [:)]

JohnPayton

Originally posted by Mac In Oak Ridge
<br />How about walking a mile and a half to the gas station, picking up discarded Frosty Root Beer bottles till you had five of them, turning them in for .02 each so you could get a cold one? Then because you didn't have that 6th bottle worth .02 for the deposit, you had to stand in the gas station and drink down the cold one. Then walk the mile and a half back home. And the days that you made that walk and only found two bottles and couldn't even get the cold one, just four penny jawbreakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom