Pen case - it's simple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Here's a quick and effective way to make your very own pen case. You take the time to craft your pen masterpiece and then you go and buy a cheap pen case? I don't think so. The pictures make it very simple to follow, but if you have further questions or comments post away and I will try to answer. Enjoy building your very own.

1.Top of pen box
2.Bottom of pen box
3.Left side of pen box
4.Right side of pen box
5.Pop rivets(2) used as hinges (high tech stuff, eh:wink:)
6.Core box router bit

P1010002.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010014.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bradh

Very nice Peter! Looks like the top and bottom can be routed in long sections and cut to length.
This is a great idea to use for those bigger fountain pens that are too big for many of the standard pen boxes.
Thanks for sharing.

wood-of-1kind

Very nice Peter! Looks like the top and bottom can be routed in long sections and cut to length.
This is a great idea to use for those bigger fountain pens that are too big for many of the standard pen boxes.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Brad. You're correct, rout the top/bottom in one "continous" strip and then cut to length of the pen.

gwilki

Peter

Nice work. I do something similar, but I use those small chrome shelf supports for the hinges. Same concept, just a slightly different approach.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

wood-of-1kind

but I use those small chrome shelf supports for the hinges.
:confused:Hi Grant; Picture please!

I think he means these:
Hi Brad; Somewhat thickheaded here! I have no idea how those would work.

I have used 1/8" brass rod similar to the method Peter is using pop rivets. I'll be having a first hand look at Peter's boxes on the 31st of Oct.

I've already rolled out the 'red carpet' and looking forward to meeting you. I think I have a pretty good idea how the 'shelf' harware would serve as a hinge. You only use the 'Z' or 'T' clip..

Top Bottom