Modifying a 30 Cal Bolt Action Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

I have seen on here before a post of how you modify a bolt action pen turning the bolt. Anyone have the procedure for this? TIA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LagniappeRob

maxman400

I have found that some of the chrome kits have two slots for the clip already cut for you so all you have to do is adjust the bolt position. Be sure to lock tite it, I use the blue.

LagniappeRob

I need to order some more of the bolt action kits. I'll try to take some photos of the various steps to reverse the bolt & clip and where to put the thread-lock and put it into a small doc for the library for others.

renowb

I don't have a kit handy, so I can't see, but the bolt itself does not thread in? There is a set screw inside to hold it?

renowb

That would be great Rob, thanks.

I need to order some more of the bolt action kits. I'll try to take some photos of the various steps to reverse the bolt & clip and where to put the thread-lock and put it into a small doc for the library for others.

LagniappeRob

I have found that some of the chrome kits have two slots for the clip already cut for you so all you have to do is adjust the bolt position. Be sure to lock tite it, I use the blue.

That's good news... I haven't seen that yet, but that would us save from the longest step of the process. Not to mention the fear of the dremel slipping and scratching the plating somewhere visible.

LagniappeRob

I don't have a kit handy, so I can't see, but the bolt itself does not thread in? There is a set screw inside to hold it?

The bolt does thread into the sliding mechanism that advanced the ink cartridge. But from the cartridge side there is a set screw that stops the bolt from turning.

LagniappeRob

Me either. I thought maybe it had been if it was coming with 2 slots now... But I figured I'd at least find a sketch of the mechanism I could mark up for you in the meantime. Funny, I remember someone talking to them about it and them saying something like it being impossible... but it's good to know they are listening. I've liked the kits but the bolt being upside down was bothering me.

Wingdoctor

I have only made one kit so far but on mine the cap unscrewed and turned so that I did not have to recut the clip slot. I loosened the set screw and unscrewed the bolt handle and filed a small flat in the new position to position the bolt on the right side. I re-assembled the bolt and tightened the set screw to lock it in position.

Top Bottom