Lever action tip removal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Davidh14

I messed up a tip on a lever action style pen. I tried a couple ways to remove it but did not have any luck. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated. Im trying to remove just the gold tip.

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jallan

Hi David,
I have PSI disassembly kit and it comes with many diff. size rods. I use the size that fits in the opposite end of the tip but still larger that the dia. of the tip I am trying to remove and use a hammer to bang it off. Sounds complicated but it is very easy and works for me with no damage to parts. Hope this helped. Good luck.

SteveG

Jallan describes a good method, one most commonly used. When doing this, the "banging" is best done with many light blows, rather than a single "knock out punch". I do it by just holding the barrel in my hand. This helps to keep everything under control, and avoid causing damage. Most penturners have a set of center punches (source: HF or all pen parts vendors) for this purpose.

Last edited:

stuckinohio

I assume you mean you have to remove the brass "bullet tip" since it's cracked. You'll have to remove the fitting and brass tip with a punch as described above, then you'll probably have to get a board , drill out a hole large enough to let the bullet tip pass through but countersunk to fit the fitting (to hold it) then tap out the bullet tip with a punch. It should come off relatively easy due to the crack.

Davidh14

Update: I managed to go by HF today and pick up some center punches. Tried it and it came out no problem. I had tried using a screw driver and an Allen wrench with no success. I was nervous about the punches working. I held the blank by hand. Thanks for the help again!

Top Bottom