Laminated Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Don-I expected more from someone of your knowledge and integrity.

Don's response was "EXACTLY" what one would expect from a person with a high level of knowledge and integrity. What more could any reasonable person desire??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />Eagle

Why do you enjoy bullying and baiting people? Does it make you feel good?
Why noy just go turn a pen instead.

Since this thread has been drug up and you made this last post I was thinking about the same thing for you.
Are you running out of innovative ideas to explain?

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
<br />
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />Eagle

Why do you enjoy bullying and baiting people? Does it make you feel good?
Why noy just go turn a pen instead.

Since this thread has been drug up and you made this last post I was thinking about the same thing for you.
edit in
I meant OTHER PEOPLES ideas

edit in
I meant OTHER PEOPLES ideas

Are you saying the ideas you copied from elsewhere are now only yours to use and no one else even should dare to try to use them or even explain to others how to accomplish your earthly designs?

Have your reached such a lofty level that you consider yourself above everyone else and that no one should even question your motives for fear of your wrath?

About 40 years ago I worked for an old time gunsmith. Old time meaning he didn't buy parts to fix rifles, pistols and shotguns. He made each part no matter what it was for. Didn't matter if it was a presentation grade Parker or a J. C. Higgins single barrel 16 ga. shot gun. Spring, screw, firing pin, stock or what ever else you could find broken on a weapon.

At any rate he specialized in muzzle loading rifles since they were the gun of choice in his youth. He was in excess of 80 years old in the 1960's.

There was a technique for making a 48" long ramrod for a muzzle loader that had a twisted stripe pattern in it, used hickory for the light color and walnut or cherry for the dark color. And on top of that the twist could be made so it accelerated towards one end. The technique had been around for about 150 years and was originally done with hand tools. A ramrod is usually something between 5/16" and 3/8" in diameter. They were a work of art and usually only put on the rifle or shotgun for display, not for everyday use in loading the weapon. This kind of work, as has been said, has been around for a looooonnngggg time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom