Which Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

old folks

I want to do some shell casing pens, which slimeline kit matches the chrome like shells ?
I know chrome is not correct but I hope somebody will understand what I mean.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply to my post for the cheapest kit.

old folks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

I use "Bright Copper" for the nib/bullet end. I use just gold for the rest of the kit. I use copper colored shells.

Here is an example,,,,,,,,,,,,
1_crazy_cartridge_3.jpg

Last edited:

rjwolfe3

I think you are referring to Nickle plated catridges and I think Chrome or Platinum/Rhodium would look best with that color. But I could be wrong.

ELCAMINO63

I want to do some shell casing pens, which slimeline kit matches the chrome like shells ?

Thank you

old folks
for something like that go to www.pennstateindustries.com and go to the funline set they have many different funline kits to choose i prefer the copper to look close to the real thing and theyre very inexpensive too like a 1.65 ea

stoneman

Thank you

old folks

I believe you are talking about nickel plated shell casings. They are silver colored and are available in a variety of popular calibers. The 308 and 30-06 are probably most common and both fit a slimline nib pretty well on the outside (though you must shim the outside of the pen tube to take up the slop on the inside of the case neck). Or, if you use actual drilled out bullets for nibs, this is not an issue. I use chrome kits when I use nickel cases. The color match is decent, durability is good and the kits are inexpensive. Also, chrome slimline rifle clips & finials are now available from Bill at Arizona Silhouette if you like that look.

Attachments

• AP00057B.jpg
    AP00057B.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 153
  • AP00026C.jpg
    AP00026C.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 150
Top Bottom