Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Math2010

Hello!

I can get Walrus Ivory from a friend of mine working in the North of Canada. Is there a way to make a pen with it? I mean, is it possible to turn it or it's like glass and it will "explode"?

Thank you!
Math

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

Unless you or your friend happen to be Eskimo, have a USFWS tag or the poor old walrus died before 1972, you might want to be careful who you try and sell to.

Math2010

Unless you or your friend happen to be Eskimo, have a USFWS tag or the poor old walrus died before 1972, you might want to be careful who you try and sell to.

I'm in Canada so is the Walrus Ivory (Canadian Walrus lol). My friend lives in a village they hunt walrus to eat. No ivory selling except for the Native Art. I think the law is different than in the US. My friend lives with Eskimo (In fact He's no Quebec citizen anymore, he's Nunavut resident now). I'm doing some verification to be sure everything will be legal. I don't want any problem because I made a pen that I'm not allowed too :)

Woodchipper

because I made a pen that I'm not allowed too
You want to make sure you make a pen and not wind up in one. I was in Mexico a number of years ago. The US officers were checking anyone entering the USA wearing cowboy boots to make sure they weren't made from sea turtle skins. Good luck with the paperwork and legwork to find out what you can do legally.

magpens

I live in Canada so shipping to me would be no problem. . Let me know if you have any to sell when you get it.

Top Bottom