How to clean micromesh?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by twoofakind
<br />I am about to try and clean mine. I read in the last post that someone uses one of those mesh laundry bags and washes them in the washer.
andy
That's how I do mine but I don't put them in the dryer - someone said the heat may damage them.

LanceD

Put them in a plastic container with a lid on it with some hot water and dishwashing liquid, shake it around for a minute or two, take them out, rinse them in the sink and lay them out on some paper towels to dry. All done in 5 minutes minus drying time.

jjenk02

Originally posted by LanceD
<br />Put them in a plastic container with a lid on it with some hot water and dishwashing liquid, shake it around for a minute or two, take them out, rinse them in the sink and lay them out on some paper towels to dry. All done in 5 minutes minus drying time.

That sounds like an easier way to do it. I'll give it a try..

Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />George, do you just throw the mesh bag in with a load of laundry or do you wash them separately?
I just throw them in with the rest of the laundry. I don't think I'd try them with bleach though. The first time I washed them I put them in my jeans pocket but they fell out and I spent quite a while picking them out of the rest of the laundry[:eek:)]

martyb

Stuff mine in a couple pants pockets and run them through the wash (not the dryer mind you)
It'll take care of 90% of the material, but some of the courser pads may have a little left in them depending on how often you clean them and how aggressively you were using them on some acrylic. (yeah, I did it too [:D]) Those get a toothbrush and water scrub.

Rudy Vey

I give mine to my wife, she returns them clean, dry and in order of the grits a day later. Once in a while she gets a free pen for this service....[:D]

(but I know she uses the mesh baggie for them, she has one that is only used for my MM).[;)]

kenwc

The answer is obvious...we all send our MM to Rudy and he'll get his wife to clean them. Then Rudy makes her a pen for her Trouble. Can't get any easier than that..!!!

Fangar

I keep it in the side pocket of my turning frock when I wash it. In fact sometimes, I just wear my turning frock into the shower with my MM in the pocket. Believe it or not, the 1500 makes a pretty fair acne scrub too.

[:D]

Fangar

mdburn_em

Guess I didn't know any better but I throw them in a mesh bag and then into the washer with my jeans. Then into the dryer. The only damage ever done to my MM is when I press too hard at the lathe.[:I]

I had a friend over the other day; I was teaching him how to make a pen. We went through all the MM grits. He asked me how I clean my pads. I told him about a drop of dish soap in some water and a sealed container, then shaking for a bit. He said "have you ever considered trying an ultrasonic cleaner?" [:0]

Well I did just that last night; they came out GREAT! My ultrasonic is only big enough to float two in at a time. I did one side for a minute, turned them over, did the other side for a minute, took them out and rinsed them under running water. You should see all of the junk that came out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom