HELP!!!! Triton pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Math2010

Hi,

I have a problem with a Triton pen. That's the first time I make that pen and I followed all the instructions. The ink cartridge always go in the pen. So it's impossible to write... I thought maybe the tube was to long, but I looked with another kit I have and both are the same lenght.

Someone have an idea?? The only other solution I see, is to glue something in the end cap to press the ink cartridge out...

Thank you

Mathieu

Attachments

• Triton.jpg
    Triton.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

Hi,

I have a problem with a Triton pen. That's the first time I make that pen and I followed all the instructions. The ink cartridge always go in the pen. So it's impossible to write... I thought maybe the tube was to long, but I looked with another kit I have and both are the same lenght.

Someone have an idea?? The only other solution I see, is to glue something in the end cap to press the ink cartridge out...

Thank you

Mathieu

By some chance did you forget the spring? They are easy to drop.

Last edited:

mecompco

I'm assuming you've put the spring in the finial cap and screwed it on? It looks like you have room there. The only other possibility I can think of is that the tube is short (and I have received Atrax tubes (the plain version of the Triton) that were of incorrect size).

Math2010

I'm assuming you've put the spring in the finial cap and screwed it on? It looks like you have room there. The only other possibility I can think of is that the tube is short (and I have received Atrax tubes (the plain version of the Triton) that were of incorrect size).

I put the spring in the wrong place... I corrected that, but when I write, the nib comes in... Maybe it's normal because I usally use other type of pen? Or maybe the spring is not harder enough? I can write with it, but I guess that's the spring efefct that make the tip comes in when pression is applied on the pen...

Last edited:

Crayman

Are you sure they were Triton tubes and not Jr Gent, same diameter but different length on the body. Do not ask how i figured that out :cool:

I had this happen once on a Cambridge and it was actually the ink cartridge. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why it kept sliding in the pen but decided to throw in a different cartridge and sure enough, problem solved. On closer inspection of the faulty cartridge, I could tell the cap plugging the end wasn't quite right, but it wasn't even noticeable until I put it side by side with another.

TonyL

Assuming the problem is some metal chips, burrs, or specks inside the nib, I have had to use a very thin mandrel to remove a burr or two inside the nib. Happens to me once every 100 pens.

Talltim

One other factor that certainly may not apply here.

Writing with different types of pen refills is a different experience. For me writing with a rollerball is designed to be a lighter handed smoother experience than a ballpoint. As much pressure on the tip is not intended for positive results.

By the way I love the triton pen kit. It is a classy pen. Show us a pic of yours.

Last edited:

Math2010

One other factor that certainly may not apply here.

Writing with different types of pen refills is a different experience. For me writing with a rollerball is designed to be a lighter handed smoother experience than a ballpoint. As much pressure on the tip is not intended for positive results.

By the way I love the triton pen kit. It is a classy pen. Show us a pic of yours.

Talltim, like you asked ;)

Attachments

• 20171121_111642_resized.jpg
    20171121_111642_resized.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 245

Rolandranch

The spring that comes with the Triton kit is too short. I have had to replace all of my Triton springs with longer replacement ones I get from Exotic Blanks. The springs that come with those kits are just too springy.

Top Bottom