help I cut it off to short

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

How Much brass? Slims are fairly fogiving just adjust the amount you press the tranny in to make up for it if it was on the bottom tube and if on the top you should be fine assuming you didnt clean off 1/2" of brass.

Andrew_K99

Top or bottom barrel? How much shorter is it?

If it isn't much the top barrel can just be left as is. If it is the lower barrel just insert the tansmission a little less.

AK

GoodTurns

assuming you didn't take like half the blank off....you can just seat the transmission a touch higher (don't push it in as far as normal) and everything will be fine!

pensbybruce

I believe I cut off about 1/8 of an inch. I thought my blank was for pencil which is a shorter length. Maybe I should just make a pencil out of it and cut the other end shorter also to make a pencil. sure appreciate all the quick responses.

PenMan1

An 1/8th inch on a slim should be very workable. If it is the bottom tube, just go slow and check frequently when pressing in the tranny.

THarvey

I am assuming you cut it before you turned the pen. Use the shorter piece for the top of the slim. If it is not long enough to cover the transmission, turn a contrasting material for a wider centerband.

randyrls

Bruce; You can do either of the options above. Modifying the slimline by changing the length of the upper or lower tube is an easy way to customize the slimline.

You can get 7mm brass tubes in 10" or 12" lengths from several suppliers.

Top Bottom