help with chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

old folks

A friend loaned me this drill chuck for my 1014 Jet mini lathe. On it says JT 33 cap 13 M/M . The only thing that comes out of the tail stock is a small center, the shaft of the drill chuck is threaded and does not fit in the hole of the tail staoc. Am I not taking enough out or what ? Thanks

200512424512_drill%20chuck.jpg

Randy

I was at the Harbor Freight store this weekend and they had a number 2 Morse taper with a 1/2" chuck on it for about $9. It will fit the Jet MiniLathe. You might try something like that. I have no idea of what your fiend loaned you.

jkirkb94

Just like Randy, I was at HF and bought the chuck with the 2MT. Now I have 2 of them and that is what I use for buffing my pens. They pop in and out just as fast as a mandrel. Kirk[8D]

jwoodwright

John,
Is the Live Center still in the Tail stock? The small Center piece you removed is a replaceable center point. With the center point removed, it's like a cup center...

Now, crank the tail stock handle backwards while holding onto the live center. It will release. Don't go back too far because you'll unthread the MT Sleeve.

When you've released the live center, the Chuck MT will fit in that hole...

Email me when you need more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom