Glue storage in cold weather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JRay8

Hey all, with the cold weather returning how can I store wood glue in my unheated shop? The cold always ruins it and I don't want to keep having to take it in the house.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

I never take a chance, all of my finishes and glues come in to the house at the first sign of winter. And it hasn't happened yet, today I wore short and T shirt in the shop.

76winger

I never take a chance, all of my finishes and glues come in to the house at the first sign of winter. And it hasn't happened yet, today I wore short and T shirt in the shop.

Considering your location, I bet you don't have to take them in the house much. :wink:

BarbS

Jim- Maybe this will help. I had the same problem and Fixed It last winter. An insulated cupboard with a light bulb at the bottom keeps it a consistent 55º. And it is Packed with finishes, adhesives, and waxes, with over an inch at the front and back of its shelves for heat to circulate. You won't regret it if you build one!

Might As Well Dance: A Necessary Storage Unit

bitshird

CA will last longer in the cold, Epoxy not so well. I keep all my unopened CA in the freezer, just let it sit out before you open it, otherwise some condensation will get on the inside and mess it up, But if the CA and room are at equal or close temperatures then you should be good to go.

Top Bottom