A few durability questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Hope this is the right section to ask this. Have a few questions I need help with....

1. Can wood bottle stoppers go in refrigerator without any issues for a long period of time? If someone wants to chill a white wine for example and leave chilled after opening and using the BS

2. I would assume items like a wood ice cream scoop can't go in a dishwasher? Don't see how.....just advise to hand wash the scoop part?

3. Our crock pot's plastic handle cracked and broke off, instead of buying a new one I can turn a wooden handle easily enough but would it stand the heat of many slow cooking sessions? And save some $$$ and impress the bride in the process!

Thanks for the help!

Warren

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Hope this is the right section to ask this. Have a few questions I need help with....

1. Can wood bottle stoppers go in refrigerator without any issues for a long period of time? If someone wants to chill a white wine for example and leave chilled after opening and using the BS
How long is a long time? A few days shouldn't matter, but if too long the wine will go bad.

2. I would assume items like a wood ice cream scoop can't go in a dishwasher? Don't see how.....just advise to hand wash the scoop part?
Sure they can go in the dishwasher. I just don't guarantee how well they will hold up.:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.
Seriously, all that is needed is to be rinsed off and dried.

3. Our crock pot's plastic handle cracked and broke off, instead of buying a new one I can turn a wooden handle easily enough but would it stand the heat of many slow cooking sessions? And save some $$$ and impress the bride in the process!

Thanks for the help!

Warren
See response in blue.

nava1uni

Yes the wooden handle would hold up to the heat over the long term..I made a wooden handle for my wok, which gets very hot, and it is still in great shape after almost 8 years.

Top Bottom