Dumb question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NC Wood Art

I just had to redo the finish & sanding on one of my Redwood lace blanks I was turning because of dirty micro mesh, I had just turned an Ebony letter opener & polished it with the micro mesh The right behind it was turning a Redwood lace Rollerball, the blank is 2 tone with some sapwood showing & the micro mesh turned the lighter end almost Grey with the contaminants from the Ebony blank. I know I can hopefully sand it out with clean sandpaper & try again but is there anything to use to clean the micro mesh or just rinse it off with clean water? They are only $14.00 for new set but they are not that old only turned a few pieces with them. Maybe I need a set for similar woods?

Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Dee washes mine in the washer, she has an old pillow case she puts them in, I've had some sets for two years.

thewishman

You can wash by hand, some use a toothbrush. You can use dish soap. You can even throw them in the washing machine - put them in a pants pocket first.

I clean mine with a squirt bottle of water - just blast away until the dust is gone.

Justturnin

Not sure about cleaning it but if I were you I would get some Abralon for sanding wood. It goes pretty high in the grits at least 4000 I think and save the MM for plastic and CA. You can try some mild soapy water to clean the MM

Rick P

I have at least two sets, one is getting washed while the others work. I hand wash them with a drop of dish soap. But I think I may try the washer machine now........wont Tracy be pleased.:biggrin:

NC Wood Art

That's a great idea, "I always get accused of leaving stuff" in my pants pockets already! On the using micro mesh for CA & Plastic's, I can not get the mirror like finish I desire without the micro mesh. I tried with just sandpaper alone & even tried up to the 4000 grit it just does not compare IMHO.

I know it is old school for you pro's but I like the HUT friction hard coat for my work.

Bree

Try using a rubber sandpaper cleaning stick. It's a 2" square stick of gum rubber you can pick up at Harbor Freight for a few bucks. Cleans disks and belts like magic. Will work on MM also.
:):):)

gingerwood

I have at least two sets, one is getting washed while the others work. I hand wash them with a drop of dish soap. But I think I may try the washer machine now........wont Tracy be pleased.:biggrin:

Just make sure you wash them with the jeans, not with the delicates :rolleyes: damhikt. I put mine in a mesh bag and just throw it in.

Top Bottom