Bushing Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

I know there are 842 ways (according to another thread) to store bushings. I got this idea from you guys via this thread and I think it came out nice.

This is using the 24 box container from HF with some labels and tape.

20151025_165123_resized_zpsinrrer5f.jpg

20151025_173517_resized_zpsr24qcxz0.jpg

Thanks for looking :cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Those containers I get from mom are:

6-partition candy topping containers (for candy coat toppings on holiday cookies and such).

I currently have 2 ... will probably get 2 more this year. She doesn't really go through it THAT fast, it's just that I've been snagging them for a while now for small parts and stuff, and last year I asked her to save more for me, so she got one from my aunt too.

wob50

I keep them in the shipping bags and in the
storage box with the pen kits ..it works for
me cause I only doing a few different kits
now..Later I will change to a better system...

Brian G

Those containers I get from mom are:

6-partition candy topping containers (for candy coat toppings on holiday cookies and such).

I currently have 2 ... will probably get 2 more this year. She doesn't really go through it THAT fast, it's just that I've been snagging them for a while now for small parts and stuff, and last year I asked her to save more for me, so she got one from my aunt too.

Eat more cookies, man!

Skie_M

I mainly try to keep from storing my bushings on the shop floor. Hate it when I drop one and it rolls under the lathe -- or worse, behind.

Magnetic floor sweeper picks up steel bushings quite nicely, but you're right .... it sucks when it rolls behind your equipment.

Try a magnetic pickup tool when you can't quite reach ... :)

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
I keep mine in the plastic bags they arrived in stored in a Cream cheese tub. I just write on the side of the tub which bushings are in there.
I tried that and just didn't like dealing with the "Zipper" on the little zip lock bags. SO I use empty pill vials that my prescriptions come in (take the Rx label off and clean out the inside). I take the label off the zip lock bag and affix it to the pill vial. Then I have a Husky 18 drawer parts storage cabinet (12 smaller drawers and six larger ones) which can be nested . I have a small drawer for each style pen with room for extra tubes, for the vial with the bushings appertaining to that style pen and with the proper drill for that blank.
(I use the larger drawers for pen blanks - one for each separate species of wood.

Top Bottom