BLO container

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

railrider1920

I found a plastic container of elmers type glue that was just about empty. I cleaned it out really well with hot soapy water. Then made sure that I rinsed it out well. I filled it up with BLO. It hasn't leaked out of the top when closed. When open (just the orange top), it comes out nicely, not in a flood. If it shouldn't be stored in a plastic container, please let me know.

Hope this helps someone out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

I store mine in a plastic ketchup/mustard-type bottle that I found at Walmart for about $1. Has a little cap that fits on the tip. It's worked great since it's a clear bottle.

Fred

I find the small plastic semi-clear squeeze bottles from Hobby Lobby or Walmart with a tight fitting cap to be excellent for just about any liquid or any other materials storage. I even keep my really fine dust from various woods in them and use this for filler materials. I just cut a larger hole in the gispenser end so the dust can get out as I need it. Just be sure to label them as in time one does forget ... must be an age issue! :eek::eek:

PTJeff

I use a 4oz bottle that contact solution came in. It has a pointed spout and a snap lid. Come to thinkof it, I store sanding sealer, friction polish, acetone, DNA and anthing else that doesn't eat through the plastic. the small containers are easy to manage and control the flow.

kirkfranks

I recycled one of my old 1 oz CA bottles about 2 years ago. No problem from the plastic and the small nose on the bottle is easy to get just a few drops as needed.

TBone

Plastic bottles work fine for BLO. In addition to all of the above suggestions, you can get bottles at a beauty supply store. Sally's Beauty Supply has several different size bottles with caps for less than a dollar.

JimB

My plastic bottles come the from the dollar store. 3 for $1. My wife picked them up for me one day when I mentioned I needed some small bottles.

Top Bottom